Fiberglass chipped

dick66

Does anyone know how to repair a chip in the fibefglass. I apparently must have clipped a tree branch on the front corner. It took the fiberglass off and the green fiber underneath is showing. It's about the size of a penny. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
For a temporary fix you could put a piece of Eternabond on it. It would seal it to prevent moisture from entering. If you have never worked with fiberglass I would suggest letting a professional do it. it is tricky to work with. Most reputable RV repair shops, boat shops and ever auto body shops could fix it. The larger Camping Worlds have RV body shops. It is not cheap to fix though. If you are close to Elkhart RV Capital has a great fiberglass repair shop.

Northern Virginia
I recently discovered a pea size hole on the front cap to my Landmark. The green mesh behind the cap was solid. I taped up the area around the hole and used white marine epoxy to patch the hole. Worked very well.

John

RollingHome

Go to a marine (boat) store. They sell cheap patch kits that will give you an OK fix. OR, get it fixed for much more $ professionally. Me, I'd hit West Marine or Boat US and get the under 10 dollar kit, your choice. Tom

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Go to any hardware dept., get some epoxy that comes in a stick the size of cigar. Tear off a piece big enough to cover your hole, rub it together and after it is mixed, push it into the hole. Wet your finger and smooth it out the best you can. Wait 15 minutes and it will be hard enough to sand it smooth. Get a sheet of paper, cut a hole to match the patch size, spray paint it white. If not smooth enough for you, sand and paint till you love it.