Information on RV's For Less in Knoxville, TN

irogeo

We are looking for any information anyone can give us on purchasing an RV through RV's For Less out of Knoxville, TN. Pro's & Con's. Thx, Irogeo:cool:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have purchases 2 rigs from RV's for Less - a Sundance and a Big Country which is our currernt rig. Butch and Karen are great people to work with and have gone out of their way to help us with any problems. RV's for Less is family owned with their children helping out with the business. I would higher recommend them.

Wharton

We just bought a 3670 BH. We sent emails to 3 dealers, one of them being RVs for Less. In the first email we said we would have a trade in. Communication was good between us and 2 dealers. Had settled on a price, asked both dealers to confirm with Heartland about a few options, also asked about a ball park firgure for our trade in. Communcation ceased at this point with RVs for Less. They just stopped communication. I emailed them a couple of other times and there was no response. I felt this was childish on their part. If they no longer wanted to deal with us regarding the purchase they should tell us. I have heard this has happened to other people.

SmokeyBare

We bought our 2007 Bighorn From Butch & Karen. it was one of the easiest big ticket purchase I ever made. I had already visited a few other dealers before I sent out a request to a select few Dealers by E-Mail. We had already visited the Heartland Factory and by the end of the tour I knew the list of upgrades I wanted on our next RV. The dealers I sent our request to soon replied back, one asking for more photos of our trade in. Bottom line, Butch offered a very good price, far far lower than any other I had got.

I first met Butch weeks after I had placed the order over the phone, using my credit card to secure the deal and get the order placed with Heartland. Once the day to swap arrived, our New BigHorn parked in his yard... We took all the time needed to go through the PDI... so we would fully understand how things worked before we pulled out of the dealership. That was the first time they seen our trade in... it went very smooth, well... except for all the stuff we still had to move over to our new home. We were HAPPY CAMPERS !!

Next dealing I had with Butch was for a parts order. I had some sheet metal and trim damage caused by a tire failure. Butch recommended that if I could wait till the next RV delivery from the factory arrived, the parts would be far less costly. He saved me the price of shipping the sheet Metal & Parts, which very well could have doubled the cost of them. I once again left their dealership very pleased... he could have charged me any price, how would I have known?? It's just not in his style of business, not in his nature to take advantage I guess. The parts were very very reasonable. I couldn't be more pleased my dealings with RV For Less and with Butch & Karen's honesty.

it's my opinion... they take a fair profit from the sales of RVs from their dealership. They offer to their loyal customers honesty and fair treatment. They also give back to their community by way of their faith and devotion to helping those who need a helping hand. While I was there picking up our BigHorn, Butch excused his self late in the afternoon... he was on his way to his other regular commitment... he left that evening to help out at a local kitchen serving those who come in for a Hot Meal... perhaps their only hot meal of the day.

They are GOOD People !

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We just bought a 3670 BH. We sent emails to 3 dealers, one of them being RVs for Less. In the first email we said we would have a trade in. Communication was good between us and 2 dealers. Had settled on a price, asked both dealers to confirm with Heartland about a few options, also asked about a ball park firgure for our trade in. Communcation ceased at this point with RVs for Less. They just stopped communication. I emailed them a couple of other times and there was no response. I felt this was childish on their part. If they no longer wanted to deal with us regarding the purchase they should tell us. I have heard this has happened to other people.

We had to same type of experience with RV's for less...however, when we stated that fact on the forum, the owners went behind the scene and our backs, tried to discredit us and make it look as though we were "picking" on them....that too was very childish.

On the other hand, as someone else mentioned, RV Solutions in Cheasapeake, VA is a really great and responsive dealer, and I understand their pricing is really good too...We had emergency service work done there, even though we did not buy from them, and they treated us like we were one of their own!

bought our Landmark from RVs for less, sight unseen and they took our trade in on the same basis - both the sales price and trade-in value were better than any of the other dealers we had contacted ( at least 5 other dealers).

Process was done entirely over phone/internet - I couldn't say more good things about Butch and Karen. I would defitnitely buy from them again.

Wharton

We also bought our BH from RV Solutions. He had a great price, same as RVs for Less, and pretty much included all sorts of things in his price(installed solar we provided, ran extra cables and electricity etc.). The items he installed we would have gladly paid for the installation. Just a nice dealer and great to deal with.

Clymer

We ordered our new Big Country from RV's for less and let me tell you they were MUCH MUCH less than any other dealer. I shopped every Big Country dealer up and down the east coast as well as the wholesale dealer out by the factory. Not only did they BEAT every other dealers price they took our motorhome on trade without ever looking at it except a few photo's. They are not a huge dealer so I can understand them not being able to work trades but they sure took care of us. We were very happy with them and they saved us $$$$$ which allowed us to order every option including washer/dryer and generator. Several other dealers were higher than what we paid not including the w/d and generator. Super Super nice and honest people.

Rambler

I've been debating all day about whether or not to post this information about our experience with RV's For Less. I'm afraid that some people will take this as bashing, but honestly it's more about lesson's learned. My Wife and I drove to Knoxville from Indiana to look at a 3800 RD that Butch and Karen had, and like others was amazed at the cost as compared to other Dealers we found on the Net. We actually looked at the Unit 2 different times over the weekend and then drove back to Indiana to think about it and the large investment it would be for Us. After 1 week of thinking, I called Karen and told her that We was wanting it and we would start looking at the Financing. She said that it would be $1000 to hold it and I quickly gave payment over the phone. One week later We had our financing in place and was ready to make our dream come true. We called Karen and made a plan for coming down over Memorial Weekend. It was the next day that I was surfing the Internet for any information on 3800RD's, with the hope I would find someone who had purchased one. We was excited and curious what other owners had to say. It was then that I discovered Holman's in Batavia, Ohio had a unit that was the same except for themalpane windows. To my surprise, the Homan's cost was $5000 less than RV's for Less cost. My Wife and I drove to Batavia the next day to look at the unit and verified it was the same. At that point it was a no brainer that We needed to buy the unit from Holman's. My wife Contacted Karen at RV's for Less the next day and told her of the price difference. The reply was "There is No Way they are selling it for that Price" and then followed with you have lost your $1000 deposit. My Wife was upset that Karen treated her like she was lieing, even though my Wife gave her the web site link to check it out for herself. I tried calling Karen a few different times and always kept getting her voice mail. When I fianally did get a chance to talk with her she said that she checked the site and verified that everything We had said was correct, but she also pointed out quickly that our Deposit was non refundable. I did question her about where in any documents she had sent me, showed that deposits was non refundable. The answer to that was, "It's a Verbal Agreement". I want everyone to Understand this Post is not about bashing RV's for Less, it's more about bashing myself. I will never enter into any agreement again without something in writing with anyone for especially a large ticket item as this. The second thing is that everyone should do their Homework on Heartland Prices and take a look at Holman's in Batavia, Ohio. They are a wholesaler just like RV's for Less, but not all wholesalers are created equal.

ATLJOHN

We just purchased our BH 3670 fromRVFORLESS in January. They gave a great trade for our pull behind without even a picture. There price for the B H was great. They requested that when we picked up our new BH that we stay over night in their lot to make sure all worked ok. As this was the first fifth wheel we owned he took me out to help me get used to pulling the fifth wheel. Also let me pratice backing in between the new campers that had on the lot so I would be feel comfortable with the rig. I would highly recommend them and purchase from them again. Butch also made suggestions of options such as the thermo windows to order with the rig and his price on options was great as well. I do have to admit that when we put our deposit on the rig nothing was mentioned about not being refundable. I did not even think to ask that question. But we had already decided we wanted the rig. I also looked at the internet after ordering our rig and did not see any price cheaper then we paid.