RV Parks near Moab Utah anyone?

skyguy

Anyone have a favorite site near Moab, Utah? Looking for late September...

Thanks!

Al

TNT

We stayed at Archview Resort (http://www.archviewresort.com/). It is just north of Moab and has all the amenities. We loved it because we could ride our atv directly from our site to the trails and not have to trailer somewhere and then go riding. There are several really nice parks in Moab on the Colorado River too. September will be a great time to be there, not as hot as the summer.

2010augusta

If you want to be in Moab, Canyonlands RV Park is nice. I have stayed there many times for Jeep Rallies. its a much nicer park than the KOA.

bhoth

I will second the Archview campground. I camp there twice a year. I have been to several others in and around Moab but none are as "Motorhead" friendly as Archview.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Slickrock Campground is on the north end of town just pass the bridge. Spanish Trail RV Park is on the south end of town. Both places are excellent choices.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We stayed at Spanish Trail RV Park and found it really clean and enjoyed out stay there..../Doug

jim&gingerglasgow

New Bighorn Owner
We also stayed at Spanish Trail RV Park for 4 days in 08. It was close to Arches, Canyonland, river rafting and out of town when we had to leave.
Jim & Ginger

We returned from a week long trip to Moab in June. We stayed at the Portal RV Park on the west side of town. We really enjoyed our site. The trick with this park is to ask for a site on the "south side". Some of the good sites are: M-26 through M-28 (pull throughs) and M-13 through M-23 (back in). Each of these sites are concrete pads. The "south side" campsites have a pool, hot tub, showers and a fenced in dog run available. Truth is that we would only stay at this campground if we could get one of the sites I have listed.
Hope that this helps.

Larry and Joanna
Lizzie and Molly our traveling yorkies
2010 3055 RL Bighorn
2007 Dodge Diesel Bighorn Edition

PUG

Pug
Canyonlands RV Park was very tight for our 3950 with lots of kids, dogs, dust and Jeepers coming and going but it sure wasn't boring with all that. We have stayed there 3 times but the last time we went to Portal Rv Resort. Cleaner quieter nice but also more money.

PUG

Pug
Forgot to mention I have ridden dirt bikes there for three years and there is everythingthere from beginner to radical expert. If you are riding dirt bikes or bycycles or 4 wheelers or a jeep there for the first time, you should hook up with someone who knows the trails. I have ridden everything there and I'll guarantee you the pucker factor can hit 10. They have closed down a couple of the trails I have ridden except for hikers as they deemed them to dangerous. They want to take all the fun out of it I guess.
If going there to sightsee it is absolutely a beautiful country. You must tour Canyonlands and Arches Natl Parks. Gorgious. There are numerous other areas that are not seen by the general public like Chicken Corners and Kane Creek but you have to know where you are going to get there from here. They rent dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, and jeeps at several places in town. I love Moab in the spring and fall but not the summer. Even the spiders and rattlesnakes go north in the summer.