Electric Carefree Awning on 361 RW

digrman

Just wondering why the 361 has a fixed pitch awing when there is no kitchen slide. We love our new trailer and chose this floor plan because we didn't want a slide that compromised the full use of our patio awning. However, the awning is so high up and at such a fixed pitch (come out at 90 degrees and stays straight out) that there is absolutely no shade. Is it possible to change the arms and have a steep pitch awning or an adjustable awning. Thanks for answering.

Mike Aplin

Re: Electric Carefree Awing on 361 RW

When we switched to the 20' awning for no extra charge versus the smaller awnings, we engineered and purchased the same awning for all floor plans regardless of the amount of slide rooms. We actually did this even before the 361RW was developed. This is the same awning that we use on all floor plans. Thanks, Mike

digrman

Thanks Mike. We love the size of the awning just wish it had more pitch to it for shade.

mdvctry

Re: new 361 RW

Digrman, I woiuld be very interested in knowning what you like and don't like about your new RW361. Thanks in advance for any more information you can share.

Thank you

mdvctry

tljack

I know this is an old thread but I have a 2013 RW 305 and have the same problem. The awning is of no use whatsoever. Looking at the Camping World catalog I see that to buy it I'd have to spend about $2000 plus install. I can think of a lot of places I would have rather spent this money. Now I have a useless peice of equipment that attracts dirt like a magnet to keep clean

ILH

Thanks Mike. We love the size of the awning just wish it had more pitch to it for shade.

My previous TT had an adjustable awning that I could use to eliminate the sun at low angles, plus I used a patio shade (slips into the awning end). However with the RW, the awning is so high, I can no longer put up the shade. What I find is that I am becomming much more cautious at picking the orientation of the campsites (ie to have optimum shade on the patio).