Another Happy RLB Owner

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
First...congratulations on your new purchase! May you have many safe and happy camping hours ahead!

Second...WOW! 87 degrees? It doesn't often get that hot here in the fourth corner of WA in the middle of August! Still in the 40's and 50's here. Mostly rain with a few sun breaks in the afternoons!

Dave012

You have good taste in both trailers and trucks. Congrats, and hope you enjoy your RLB as much as we do.

Dave012

So what do you get towing? Seams the RLB is popular with the SD...mine gets 9 mpg.

I suspect not much different overall, although I haven't really been monitoring (other than filling up a lot).

On the last camping trip I did use the truck computer to monitor the specific trip as we were going into the mountains. I got 6.4 mpg going into the mountains (with a head wind), and 8.7 mpg coming home. I'm pretty sure the fuel system on a 6.4 consists of a funnel.

jcarnevale

I suspect not much different overall, although I haven't really been monitoring (other than filling up a lot).

On the last camping trip I did use the truck computer to monitor the specific trip as we were going into the mountains. I got 6.4 mpg going into the mountains (with a head wind), and 8.7 mpg coming home. I'm pretty sure the fuel system on a 6.4 consists of a funnel.

After 3 hours of semi-flat towing, no wind, 10 mpg at 65 mph about 1700rpm with a 3.73 rear end. I also use(read waste) Diesel Kleen in gray(sliver....?) bottle.......

Bighurt

After 3 hours of semi-flat towing, no wind, 10 mpg at 65 mph about 1700rpm with a 3.73 rear end. I also use(read waste) Diesel Kleen in gray(sliver....?) bottle.......

I always run a maximum of 65mph(in the truck), and have recently switched over to Powerdyne. I have the 3.73 rear end as well.

mdavis

I used to gripe about my mileage, but not after reading some of these post. I have a Sundance 3200. behind a 2003 f350 with the 6.0 and 4.11 rear and get 12.5 while pulling. But it only gets 14 with nothing behind it.

Dave012

While fuel economy isn't the strength of this truck, the fact my DW feels safe in it while towing is.

Bighurt

A Spartan Dash Daq can help with mpg's and if you run a DPF delete option you can increase them even more so. I'm just waiting for the $1700 to get saved up...