Electric Tongue Jack

Chris562

I have been researching buying an electric tongue jack to replace my manual jack on my North Country 29RKS. I have found out that there are two different tongue jack diameters, a 2 1/4 inch and 2 inch. Can anyone advise me on the correct size my North Country will take.

Thank You.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think the mounting plate hole pattern and the weight capacity should be your main concerns. Check the diameter of your existing crank jack. If you are near enough to a dealer that may have jacks in stock, go check them out then go back home and compare. For sure, you won't be sorry about going electric. What a time saver.

lhetsler

You also want to consider the weight the jack can lift so that you can lift the truck up enough to set the chains on your torgue bars, that is if you have them.

Chris562

I am guessing that 3500lbs should do it. What do you all think? I measured the hole and it is 2 inches....I was really hoping for 2 1/4 inches so I could buy the one with the extension foot on it.

Chris562

I was actually able to email Chris Stender (thanks to Jim Beletti), brand manager, at the factory about the proper sizing for the tongue jack. He advised that the hole is in fact 2 1/4 inches. I hope this helps others out looking to upgrade to an electric tongue jack.

pegmikef

I just did a lot a research looking at the various forums and ended up getting the barker 3500 for my Edge M21. The shaft is 2 1/4 inches and it comes with the large foot. They have a 3000, but the shaft is only 2 inches. Best price I found was some outfit in NY State that advertised on ebay. Works like a champ, takes about ten minutes to install. All you need is a couple of jack stands, a wrench and electrical tools to put a terminal connector on the end of the wire. Basically, raise trailer, insert jackstands, lower trailer on jackstands, remove old one, install new one, hook up electrical, raise trailer, remove jack stands and lower trailer to desired height. I would advise ordering the vinyl cover for it (about 20 bucks) at least here in TX because the sun will eat up the plastic housing.