Step Storage

JJnLilly

I noticed on the some Bighorn models there are drawers or openings under the steps to the bedroom. I had added something similar to our old fifth wheel. Wondering how the steps in the Greystone are made and whether or not it would be feasible to add some storage under the steps. It's a great place to keep shoes.

D

Dave Willis

We do not have any floor plans that we could put a drawer under the steps. We don't have the same room as the Big Horns. We have a lot of things under the steps like plumbing, Heat duck hose's etc.

Thanks

SilverRhino

We do not have any floor plans that we could put a drawer under the steps. We don't have the same room as the Big Horns. We have a lot of things under the steps like plumbing, Heat duck hose's etc.

Thanks

Dave;

Let those "heat duck"s out from under the steps....if they're anything like regular ducks, they'll make a H*** of a mess! :angel:

D

Dave Willis

They are not like regular ducts under the steps. They are an accordion hose that attaches to the regular floor heat ducts.

Thanks,

JJnLilly

You indicated that the step fronts were screwed on. I have been all over the fronts by hand with a magnet and can find no sign of screws. Could they be stapled on?? This is a 32RL which according to the sticker, was built in March of '10.

D

Dave Willis

The step frame is stapled and the carpeted step and step fronts are screwed on. They use two screws on the top and fronts of the steps and they are about 1/3rd of the way apart, centered on the steps. I hope this helps, I don't know how else to explain it.

Thanks,

JJnLilly

FYI, the bottom step front is screwed on with three screws, but no rhyme or reason for the locations (1 upper left, 1 at bottom at and angle into the floor and the last to the extreme right 1/3rd down from top). As for the second step, it also had three screws - 1 at the extreme left about center, 1 in the center front and the 3rd almost under the carpet trim going up the right wall. The second step front is stapled on and is made of 1/4 plywood covered with the carpet. There is absolutely nothing under these steps. The heating ducts are way toward the front.

Jon