Jensen AWM 970 system

jcrow

I have a 2010 sundance 3300SK. I took it out for the first time on 20 May 2010. That night we watch a movie. After that Speaker B and C have quit working. They did work before that. I was wondering what might be the problem? I called and talked to my dealer and they said that they have never heard of that problem.

It is now 19 May 2011, and I have now gone thru 4 radios for the same problem. Speakers B and C will work for about a month or two and then go dead. The dealer I bought my rig from has no idea what causes this problem and I guess will just blow off the problem. Does anyone know what kind of a radio can be bought that works?

Last edited:
D

Dave Willis

I went out and checked with our guys in the plant and they don't know what would cause that. They said it might have a bad component in the stereo. I would get with your dealer and see if they can check it out for you and try to find the problem. Sorry we can't help, but without having the unit here it makes it hard to find the problem.

Thanks,

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

We will need additional information in order to answer your questions. It would be best if you can call us for some troubleshooting to help find a solution. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM till 6:00 PM EDT.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

jcrow

I have a 2010 sundance 3300SK. I took it out for the first time on 20 May 2010. That night we watch a movie. After that Speaker B and C have quit working. They did work before that. I was wondering what might be the problem? I called and talked to my dealer and they said that they have never heard of that problem.

It is now 19 May 2011 and I have now gone thru 4 radios and have the same problem. New radios will work for about a month or two and then the B and C speakers go dead. I wonder if anyone out there might know what would be the fix for this problem besides buying some other brand than Jensen?

BC1of38

Verify impedance on those speakers versus the A speakers. If memory serves me, you should see three to four ohms resistance. Anything less and it will greatly stress those channels. Problem may not be in the unit, but in the wiring or hookup.

Good luck

I have a Heartland North Country with a Jensen AWM 970 and was experiencing problems with the 4 indoor and 2 outdoor speakers. I pulled the grills off the speakers and found the lugs on two speakers were not crimped securely on the wire (wire just fell out of lug). On those same two speakers the speaker wires were on the wrong terminals. There is a positive (plus) and negative (-) for speaker wiring. I do not know if anyone informed Heartland employees of this.

Additionally, the outdoor speaker (marine speaker) rattles and closer examination reveals the cone is separated from the fame. After fixing the lugs and putting the wires on the correct terminals the CD/DVD and TV will provide sound from left and right channels for about 5 minutes, then the left channel goes dead. I do not know if the incorrect wiring caused a component to short or if there may be a component or solder joint that is opening up when the unit gets warm. I have had the North Country for only three months and am disappointed with this. We have the North Country permanently set on our lot and is over 160 miles one way to the dealership. Costs more in round trip fuel than the Jensen unit is worth.

One last note on the Jensen install. The Heartland factory or dealer factory did not remove the shipping screw installed in the CD/DVD player before they installed the unit. I had to pull the unit from the wall to find this out, after almost wrecking a music CD.