shawnee forest in june

janitor1

i am in the process of planning a trip to Shawnee national forest in June. I never have been there is anyone familiar with the location and if so what are some good campgrounds there. I came across this site that has a lot of helpful information http://www.shawneeforest.com/Home.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Two Hands

Where is Shawnee National Forest? Is it someplace in Wisconsin? I guess that only because you show that as your location. To often posters will rave about some campground but not indicate in what state, or province, it is located.

jimtoo

Where is Shawnee National Forest? Is it someplace in Wisconsin? I guess that only because you show that as your location. To often posters will rave about some campground but not indicate in what state, or province, it is located.

I'm not sure what you mean by this post? If you visited the link, which works, Shawnee National Forest is in Southern Illinois. Check the link.

Jim M

janitor1

I am asking if anyone one has stayed around this area in
Shawnee national forest in Illinois has anyone stayed around the area and if so what campgrounds? I like to have a real person with a first hand experience in the area .Two hands I don’t under stand you reply at all.

Tom of Ypsi

I have never stayed in or around Shawnee Natl Forest but looking at www.rvparkreviews.com for Makanda, Il there are two parks with good ratings. Hopefully this will help you a little and maybe help you find a place you are looking for.

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
We live in Cape Girardeau, MO just across the Mississippi River from southern Illinois. I have not camped much in the Shawnee but have travelled through the area alot. I looked at the link and know there are more campgrounds in the area than listed, both private and public. If you want info on a certain campground I could probably provide that. I know there is a nice state park at Metropolis as well as a campground at Horseshoe Lake near Miller City, and Crab Orchard Lake near Carbondale. Not sure what dates you will be in the area but the Missouri Chapter of the Owners Club is having our Rally at Cape Girardeau on June 18-20. That weekend the local airport in having an air show with the U.S. Navy Blue Angles as well as other performers. Would love to have you attend. All info in on the Portal tab of the Forum.

janitor1

We are planning on leaving from Wisconsin at 12:00 Friday June 18 and leaving to go home on June 22 who knows we might have to stop in

Last edited: