Hello From North Texas - New To The Forum

TechnoDude

Greetings all, new member here (Steve) from North Texas. To make a long story short, I have decided to take up RVing to get away from the stresses and trials of life. Plus I like to travel. I have not purchased a fifth wheel yet, but after extensive research, I am leaning very much toward a [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Heartland Big Country 3250TS[/FONT]. First step though is to trade in my 2005 F250 (Crew Cab, PowerStroke, short bed, 4x4) for a 2011 F350 (same configuration). Need the additional 1500 lbs in GVWR. Plus the 2011s are sweet!!

Surfing this forum has revealed a wealth of information, straight from the folks that are experienced in this. Going to be very helpful.

Happy travels.

Steve

jimtoo

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully soon to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You will not go wrong with RVing, nothing better. And it's even better with a Heartland unit. You will meet the best people and if you join in on a rally....the food is awesome... always...the best people and the best friends.

So,,, jump in and ask questions and enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hello Steve
I see your north Texas is Garland. We were residents of Rowlett until the DOT and NTTA took our property for the George Bush Turnpike. We threw everthing in our trailer and went fulltime in 2007. We use to live on Liberty Grove Road near Merritt.

Welcome to the forum. You can get a lot of good information here..

BC

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Welcome to the forum.
Great choice on the 3250. We enjoy ours more and more on every trip. The living space is fantastic.
Good luck on your ventures.

goodtruck

Welcome we sold our S/B last year and went full time I know you will love the life style, and to do it in a Heartland product makes it real easy.We are in south texas (conroe) and look forward to meeting you.Use the forum to get all your questions answered there is alot of experance here and alot of good hearted people that like to help,as well as it is a direct line to Heartland. Be safe and enjoy

plumberdude

technodude
welcome to the forum. take your time like i did and make the right choice.
we found the toy hauler we wanted and having fun. we went to our frist rally in spring tx, meet gooood people there.
they made our maiden voyage a great time.
there is all kinds of info here and take advantage of it
have fun and enjoy.

SilverRhino

Welcome to the HL family......the 3250 is a great choice, we love ours!

Good luck with your purchase!

Travel Safe!

musicman

Welcome Steve to the HL forum and HL family. We have a BH 3185RL and we just love it. Everyone here on the forum is very helpful. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will jump in with some answers. Again, welcome and safe travels!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome Steve,

More Texans, yay! We are in Terrell, just East of Dallas. You will love your Heartland product. We started small with our first trailer, a North Trail, but we really love our big Elk Ridge!

TT