Fireplace remote?

Peteyx

We just took delivery of our 2011 34QRSL. It looks great! But I seem to recall seeing a remote control for the Dimplex fireplace in our shopping around. The dealer doesn't know if it has a remote or not. Can anyone tell me if a remote should have been included?

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Peteyx,

When you did your PDI, the dealer did not show you how to operate everything??? You should have received instructions on everything and been shown how it all works, including manuals on all the appliances.

Jim M

RollingHome

Pete, I asked the exact same question for my Dimplex fireplace, my dealer called HL and No remote, yeah I know, that's dumb. Especially with the controls at the floor ! Dimplex should have supplied a remote but they don't so you can stop looking, Tom

B

bwwalczak

The supplier does not give us remotes when a coach is optioned with the fireplace.

DougS

Doug S
I just took delivery of a Landmark, and the same thing no remote, fireplace does not have one. The unit I traded in had an add on remote which I will purchase this weekend at out local Ace Hardware. You just plug it into an outlet and then plug the fireplace in for an on/off operation only. I guess you can also get one of those clappers. I also plan to purchase a water leak alarm for the washing machine pan.

RollingHome

Bryan, the Dimplex is really a nice fireplace, we've had people ask if it was real. However, us gray or grey haired (or in my case "what hair") old folks really do not have a problem getting down all the way to the floor to adjust the fireplace. But Bryan, getting back up is a problem... Have you ever spent an entire camping trip on the floor ? Tell them Dimplex guys to offer an "anti floor camper" remote for we who are chronologically challenged. Ah, to stand up tall again... Tom