Powder coated the fuel dispensing nozzle

yuri_rage

Because the fuel station is exposed to road grime, the aluminum parts corrode quickly. My fuel station looked like it had been through a severe winter's worth of salted roads, even though it was brand new. After disassembling and cleaning the nozzle (VERY trivial, just be careful of a slight amount of spring pressure in the valve), I bead blasted the exterior of all the parts and powder coated them red and black. I will likely give the same treatment to the grate underneath the fuel station.

scaledp1020689.jpg

Oh, and before someone accuses me of causing my own problems with a fuel smell inside the living area, this mod was done AFTER the fuel smell had already manifested itself. I'm still troubleshooting that issue.

RollingHome

Yuri, I had a fuel smell in a cabin boat. I searched for it for the entire boating season. Turned out to be the tank vent hose. It was closed or blocked. Temperature caused tank expansion contraction and fumes. I replaced the vent hose and the fumes "vaporized" as in went away. No more gas smell. Tom

porthole

Retired
Because the fuel station is exposed to road grime, the aluminum parts corrode quickly. My fuel station looked like it had been through a severe winter's worth of salted roads, even though it was brand new. After disassembling and cleaning the nozzle (VERY trivial, just be careful of a slight amount of spring pressure in the valve), I bead blasted the exterior of all the parts and powder coated them red and black. I will likely give the same treatment to the grate underneath the fuel station.

scaledp1020689.jpg

Oh, and before someone accuses me of causing my own problems with a fuel smell inside the living area, this mod was done AFTER the fuel smell had already manifested itself. I'm still troubleshooting that issue.

When can I ship mine out?

smday

I like it. Mine too looks like it has been beat up and thrown around a million trips but its been only on one trip so far. Could you have mine done and back in time for our mid June trip.

truknutt

Committed Member
I use a "Nozzle Condom" made of neoprene it slides over the end to keep the crud out. The manufacturer used to offer the "Nozzle Mitt" which was a neoprene cover that slid over the entire nozzle and secured with velcro. Our last toyhauler had an open fuel station that used steel mesh for the enclosure. That thing used to get so full of sand and well, crud. These two items work great as long as the humans remember to replace them after each use!!

yuri_rage

Just to clarify, I don't own a powder coating shop. I have a small setup in my garage. I don't plan on taking orders or setting up a business.