landing gear saga

stevebotts

We are stranded in Colorado with a fried landing gear also. Same clicking noise as MANY others have discussed on this forum prior to total failure. The repair shop where we have been forced to live the last three days, is also getting the second landing gear from Venture as the service manager believes we will have this same issue again with only one mechanism for both legs. After all this talk on this forum about the inadequate landing gear mechanism used in the manufacturing process, is Heartland making any changes? Also, has anyone on this forum been reimbursed by Lippert or Venture.

Steve, excuse my ignorance. Are you saying the gear mechanism (or motor?) starts making a clicking noise as is fails or before it fails ? This is the first time I heard that. Also, how often do you use your rig (put the rear gear down) ? I have a 2011 3670 and I would like to be forwarned. I like my unit, but not the rear gear... just seems to be weak. In advance, thanks for any info. Tom

Tom, you have hydraulic landing gear. Although Steve did not say what rig he has, it sounds like has the electric landing gear made by Venture.
Steve, I was in Texas when mine stopped lifting the rig. I wound up using two bottle jacks to hitch and unhitch. Was not a big deal to do it that way. So I was not stranded nor was I forced to stay anywhere.
I ordered the parts from Venture, and had the parts in three days and took me less than two hours to install. Easy fix.
Hope you are on the road again soon.

Peace
Dave

This was our front landing gear which failed. We were able to get the RV on the truck. After the repair shop got an entire new mechanism from Venture, they did not feel one for both legs would ultimately hold so we are now waiting for Venture's "fix" and getting a second mechanism for the other leg. We have a 3370 Big Horn.

Steve, if you get the dual motor setup, you will like it. A little faster, and more power. It comes with a second switch for the new motor. Cost me $350.
HERE is a link to my fix.

Peace
Dave

noobee

After our second failure of the motor/gearbox we replaced the entire lift system with an independent dual system from Ultra-Fab: http://www.ultra-fab.com/fw.cfm

This system was recommended & installed by a great service company, RV Masters in Yuma, in March. So far the new system has acted flawless.

CS