Question about closets

jporras

We are looking at a Sundance 275 RE as well as a Cougar and Wild Cat. I noticed that there is limited if at all closet space to hang clothes or any type of drawer space in the Sundance. How do you handle this when traveling for several or weeks or months? My wife is concerned with this but I told her that many people have units and they must have solved the problem...any help would be great.

jimtoo

HI jporras,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't have a Sundance, so I can't give you any help there... but I am moving the thread to the Sundance area where some of the other owners will give you some answers.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

RollingHome

Jpmorras, This is just my opinion. Sometimes the wife is right and it's wise to listen, 2 heads are better then one. If you are serious about going on the road for a couple of months, you need storage space. Have you looked at HL models that have storage space, some seem to have too much, although there is never too much storage space ! Tom

caissiel

Most trailers I have looked at for the past 17 years, have closet space proportional to the lenght of the unit. Longer units have more storage than shorter units. Living/Kitchen areas are about the same size but front end storage makes the unit longer. For example we need a washing machine in our unit, well its only available on 32' or longer units. But most side bed units have one longer closet in front, and longer units have closets in the hallway to the bedroom.

So the layout is important, and with the modern diesel TV's the size of the unit have become less important.

swilhite

We have a Sundance 265RK. There is plenty of storage. Last I went to Alaska for 2 months in truck camper. No problem. You don't pack for 2 months, just 10-11 days. You have to do laundry on a long trip. Remember there is a large storage area under the bed also.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would suggest that if you really need to haul a ton of clothing that you eliminate excess stuff from the basement, put the clothing in plastic totes, and rotate it as needed.

tmcran

We have Sundance 2998RB and have a good amount of space in the front closet--for wife, I get the rear bedroom ...

Last edited: