Washer/Dryer Setup

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
Prospective buyer (albeit a few years out) here... We have added the Bighorn/Landmark lines to our "short list" of 5er's to seriously consider when we retire in a few years so we will be lurking around here to gather as much information as possible (and heading to a dealer or two to have a look-see) for awhile if ya'll don't mind. I have already gained a lot of knowledge in the week or so I have been reading.

We do have one question (well lots, but we have time) about the Washer/Dryer setup.. I see that there is only enough room for a combo unit in the Bighorn line (really like the new 3670 floor plan), but what I can't see (or haven't read yet) is if the setup is vented or can be vented.

We currently have a Cedar Creek and still have the Day Dreamer on the list as well, but it looks like the Heartland units may give us plenty of "bang" for fewer bucks.. We are currently leaning towards a Bighorn because of weight and wanting to stay with a 1 ton dually for a TV.

Thanks for your time..

Bill and Jennifer
2005 Cedar Creek Silverback
2003 Dodge 2500 CTD LWB SRW

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I can,t tell you about the Bighorn, but we have a 2005 Landmark, Mt Rushmore, with the Splendide, washer-dryer all in one unit. It is non vented and works well.

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
Thanks for the reply. As I am unfamiliar with using a washer/dryer in an RV, the more info I get the better before making a decision to get one.

Bill and Jennifer

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Welcome Bill and Jennifer,
I see from your profile that you are in Spainish Fort, AL. Jane and I will be in your area for the Gulf Shores Shrimp Festival Qotober 8-15 in our BigHorn. We are really ejoying it.

Midastouch

Stackable washer/dryer info

Have been in my new unit 2 weeks now ... I have a Majestic stackable washer/dryer in my Landmark Grand Canyon ... it is obviously vented outside by the factory and I love it! Works great!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
GypsyBill said:
Thanks for the reply. As I am unfamiliar with using a washer/dryer in an RV, the more info I get the better before making a decision to get one.

Bill and Jennifer

We only had space in our Mt. Rushmore for the washer/dryer all in one. You can buy the Splendide at Camping World.We bought ours from a couple that had only had it a short while. They sold their 5th wheel and gave us a really good deal. I am not sure how it all works ,but my wife is happy and that is all I need to know.

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
The RV-Ramblers said:
Welcome Bill and Jennifer,
I see from your profile that you are in Spainish Fort, AL. Jane and I will be in your area for the Gulf Shores Shrimp Festival Qotober 8-15 in our BigHorn. We are really ejoying it.

We have been in this area for almost 7 years now and still haven't made it down to the festival.. we have our CC at a campground near that area now (seasonal camping) and will be there that weekend.. maybe if I don't have to long of a list of things to do, we can take a break and attend.

ct0218

In our Mt. Rushmore we have a separate washer/dryer, a Whirlpool, and Gail loves it. That way she canwash and dry at the same time. Vented also.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Gypsybill
To answer your queston about the venting. Yes, they can be vented, and the factory will install it for you when you order a Bighorn. The vent as of now is on the door side of the fiver up near the front. Where it will be when you decide to but may be different due to new designs, layouts, stuff like that. Good luck.

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
fireflipper said:
Gypsybill
To answer your queston about the venting. Yes, they can be vented, and the factory will install it for you when you order a Bighorn. The vent as of now is on the door side of the fiver up near the front. Where it will be when you decide to but may be different due to new designs, layouts, stuff like that. Good luck.

Thanks.. that is what I was looking for :). And thanks to all the other replys as they have added to the "knowledge base"..:D

Bill and Jennifer