Considering a Bighorn

Geonkat

Hi to all!
We've been watching this site for quite a while and I must say it is great! We have been pulling travel trailers for 15 years and are ready to get a fiver. Really like the Bighorn 3410RE and wanted to get some real world feedback. Just upgraded the truck to a 2010 Ram 3500 SRW, crew cab, short box, CTD, 6A, 4.10. Of course, the dealer says "no problem" with this combination. I want to be safe and within limits for the truck. Any thoughts out there regarding the Bighorn or this combination would be appreciated!

Thanks and Happy Camping,
George and Kathi

Hi Geonkat,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family soon. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You should be fine with the 3500 and 3410RE. A lot of folks tow with a 2500. I am going to move this thread over to a the towing area... you will not need to do anything as the forum will automatically take you to it. You will get more answers there I think

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

PSF513

Welcome aboard. Although we presently own a Big Country, we have ordered the 3610 RE. We will pull it with an F250 2WD. Have already tested it and have had no problems, Hope you enjoy