Short snooze

osims

bsims
We will be leaving next week for NC, then on to Florida. I plan on stopping at night to grab a couple of hours sleep at walmart parking lot,truckstop, or roadside parks. I have two honda 2000 generators with paralell kit. Would like any suggestions are bad experences.

Cheryl

We used to stop for a quick night's sleep at Rest Areas and truck stops before. Never had anybody bother us. We don't have a generator, so the past few summers, we have found a campground for the night's sleep - getting to old to give up the AIR!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
osims,
We live in western North Carolina. If you don't mind me asking what part of NC are you headed to?

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Have never been to that park but I have heard it is nice. If you continue east on I-40 you will pass through the Hickory-Statesville area. We live a few minutes from each of these cities. There is a Wal-mart just off I-40 in Statesville. I am assuming that you will head south on I-77 in Statesville. Be careful and have a good trip.

ct0218

There have been a couple of times when we couldn't leave until after work and had to sleep a few hours at a rest area or truck stop, but only in cooler weather. We like the A/C too much also. The problem with truck stops is the noise--its a 24 hour business, lots of trucks coming and going all night. You'll be arriving in Balsam at the perfect time. Looks like the leaves will be at their peak about then, possibly a few days earlier. They are looking good right now above 4500 ft, and the next 3 or 4 days are supposed to be nice and warm (above normal). The high temp in Balsam today was 71, mid 40's tonight. Be sure and stop by Barber's Orchard and Bakery, its on the way to Waynesville (1 1/2 miles east of the BR Parkway on Old Balsam Road) and just below our house. Great apples, and you just have to try everything in the bakery!