Extended Slides

RVFun4Us

We have our 3055RL in storage about 140 miles away. Will be bringing it home soon. We are reconfiguring our RV storage place next to the house to make sure the Bighorn will fit. We have looked in the various sites in the Owners Forum and the main Heartland page and cannot find the dimensions of the distance each slide extends. The 3055 had three slides. The living room slide extends the farthest followed by the entertainment slide, then the bedroom slide. I have a knotted rope I use when fitting into an RV site to make sure the slide will extend without a problem but I left it in the fifth wheel. Does anyone know how far each slide extends?

Hi Bob and Sheri,

I have a yard stick that I marked for clearance so that all I do is check it if I have anything that looks close.....
living room slide 36"
entertainment slide 31"
bedroom slide 24"

Jim M

I just stand next to the trailer and hold my arm out, if my arm has clearance the trailer has clearance. I had thought about a stick until it was pointed out to me that the arm method worked as good and didn't require another "item" to remember. My arm is always with me.

RVFun4Us

Thanks Jim. Yes, I think anything whether it be a yardstick or a rope with knots at each slides extended length would be good to use when parking, especially when in a tight spot. Thanks for the measurements.

Bob