Propane quick disconnect...

Bighurt

Alright I found myself in a pickle. Currently I'm carrying a 20lb bottle for my Weber Q200. However I have a door-side quick disconnect, that I could plug into.

Problem is the quick disconnect is on the low pressure side of the rigs regulator and the Q200 has a regulator.

Double regulating isn't going to work.

So do I modify the piping on the rig to make the quick disconnect attach to the bottle before the rigs regulator. Making using other propane accessories difficult, although I have no idea what I would use on it anyways.

Or do I modify the Q200, which is impossible because the regulator and burner control is one unit.

I'm not one to give up, but it would be nice to hear if others have solved the conundrum.

Thanks
Jeremy

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Just my opinion, I would stay with the 20# bottle. You can move the grill where you need it far enough away from the rig for convenience. If you need your grill at another site for a group party, you're all set.
I had one of those things that hooks up to the top of the 30# bottle ahead of the regulator. The hose was stiff and just generally not very convenient to use.
I carry the 20# bottle in the truck bed in a plastic milk crate.

Dave012

I thought people were modifying the Q200. Here is a recent thread. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/16235-QD-Propane-Connection-on-new-Cyclone

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I use a bottle that is a 2.5 pound bottle which is half the size of a standard bar-b-que grill bottle. Holds more that the small hand held bottles and is light and easy to deal with. Got it at Camping World.

Bighurt

I thought people were modifying the Q200. Here is a recent thread. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/16235-QD-Propane-Connection-on-new-Cyclone

It is possible to remove the regulator but some what difficult, do to the proximity to the "throttle", for all intensive purposes the two are one unit.

I'll read the thread what I would like is flexibility the option to use the 20 lb remote or the rig mounted disconnect.

Wife is starting to get testy with the money coming out of the bank account to use the rig...but most of this stuff is a one time buy.

porthole

Retired
Until I can decide on how to change my Q I am using one of the "tees" that are available. It goes in-line between the bottle and the trailer side hose. The outlet (1") is before the regulator.

I am using 2 12' hoses to keep the grill where I want it.