Slide-Out awning tension...

Bighurt

I had my slide out awnings installed by the dealer Lakeshore RV. And I've called and left a message, still awaiting the return.

However perhaps someone here knows how to tighten the slide-out awning.

The awning over the big living room slide collects water because there is not enough tension to keep a constant slope. The slight slack allows water to puddle then as the puddle gets bigger...

I don't know who makes them, Lakeshore told me when I asked they where the premium model. They don't have awning locks which maybe a solution.

Curious to see if anyone else has this problem.

Jeremy

lwmcguir

Have the same problem with the water pooling. Really think the best fix is the PVC supports some folks use. Curious to hear if there are better fixes out there as well.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jeremy, I think that all the long slide awnings have this problem. Tightening up will not solve it.
I have tried a few cures, inluding using a beach ball under the awning, but after a wind, I got tired of chasing the ball around the CG.
Like lwmcguir said the PVC support is the way to go.
Attached is a pic of my setup.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• resized pvc.jpg
    resized pvc.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Bighurt

Jeremy, I think that all the long slide awnings have this problem. Tightening up will not solve it.
I have tried a few cures, inluding using a beach ball under the awning, but after a wind, I got tired of chasing the ball around the CG.
Like lwmcguir said the PXC support is the way to go.
Attached is a pic of my setup.

Peace
Dave

Having tons of PVC....I think I can make this right now.

Thanks

fhollan

I made the PVC setup couple of years ago after having the same problem, same as Cookie's pic. Three years ago we were up in the U.P. of Michigan during a windy day, and it kept "flopping" and was real noisy inside. The setup works with both problems. Easy to make. Just don't glue the parts together.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I made the PVC support, too. Works like a charm. I did glue the uprights together, but left the crossmembers unglued. I also extended the feet a couple of inches for a little more stability.