Slide extenstion & retraction order

Vicks

Can the order the slides (3850, 3 slides) extend and retract be changed? If so, how is that done? We would prefer the living area, then kitchen & then bedroom extend. Many times we just want something in the living area, so it's not necessary to extend the bedroom.

On our Bighorn there are individual valves located at the hydraulic pump in the underbelly that can be closed off to open only certain slides. I'm not sure if your Cyclone has them.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you have isolation valves like Jay said, the lightest slide moves first, the heaviest moves last.

Peace
Dave

trvlrerik

My Cyclone has twist valves that turn each slide on or off. I attempted to adjust them so that all slides came out at the same time, but the lightest slide (bedroom) always comes out first. I had thought about adding some high pressure ball valves in a more accessable location for convenience, but this mod is way down the list.

Mike Aplin

The slides basically work off of the path of least resistance. In other words, the bed slide first, the kitchen slide second, and if the floor plan calls for it the max slide. You could also look into adding slide out selector valves which would allow you to dictate which slide room retracts or extends at your request. Thanks, Mike