Fallen cabinet

We have an 09 BH 3670rl; on our way back to Texas form Wyoming we pulled in to the lake whitney rv community and found the cabinet had fallen over. No molly bolt used here; no adhesive residue visible either. Any one else have this happen and how did you reattach. Open to suggestions. Rex

Attachments

• P5250030.jpg
    P5250030.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 152
Looking at mine, the base is bedded in what looks like a flexible silicone caulk that sort of matches the counter top. As you see in yours, there does not appear to be any sort of fastenening to the wall to help stabilize it. Seems kind of odd, too, because there does not appear to be any thing behind it, yet the inside of the cabinet is much shallower than the outside of the box.

Try calling Heartland tomorrow to find out what they think they attached it with and what they recommend for a fix. I now see on mine that there is a gap along the bottom on one side about half the length of the cabinet wall. Another who the ???? came up with the engineering design.

That cabinet is shallower inside because there is a vent pipe and electrical stuff between the cabinet and the wall.

Mine is held in place by wood screws that are only assessable if the cabinet was "gutted", so either you need to study up on cabinet making or make a trip to your dealer.

OK, there is a vent pipe and an electrical conduit running up one side. Have to get down on all fours and look in the bottom of the lower cabinet to see it. It's covered by a panel on the top shelf. Fishing around behind the top cabinet with sheets of paper, it appears there might be a #8 screw at 32" and 10" from the bottom of the cabinet, near the forward edge. I can't find anything on the rear edge. There is a strip of clear silicone on one edge, over the decorative wall trim, but it's not adhering to the wall at all. Until it falls off, I'll leave it be.

Ourtinhouse; since your's has fallen off, you could attach some cleats to the the wall, in a position that would allow you to run screws into them from inside the cabinet. They need to span the distance between the wall and the existing cabinet back. Locate either a stud or install some screw in mollies and attach the cleat to the wall. Seat the the thing in a bed of silicone adhesive, run screws (pan head with washers) from the inside of the cabinet, through the cleats and attach it to the wall.

I hope this makes sense. I can visualize it better than describe it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From the looks of that, they had to attach the frame to the wall and then build the interior of the cabinet. Or at least staple the Beejeebers out of the inside back panel once they had it up. Build it so you can't repair it.

Well sorry for the delay but this was touchus work, I have it back to gather. Six screws in the wall from original construction 2 of them had actually broken off from the fall. These were in the botttom next to the entertainment center. what I did was take a one inch wide scraper and slowely worked both crown molding and the outside pannels up and off the frame. The staples held better than the brads. Removed the anchor screws from the frame and drilled 3/16 inch holes where they were. Next marked the wall through these holes for 1/8 inch molley bolts locations. The 2 screws that broke off were actually screwd into the wall framing. Metal screws were used in these areas again. The 3/16 holes through the frame give some room to correct allignment to the counter top and wall; use 1/8th inch fender washers during assemblie. Next trial assembly before appling adhesive. The frame was as square as possibel to the counter top and wall; disassebled, applied adhesive and tightned screws in molly anchors. Let it cure for 24 hours and started assembling the outer pannels using 1" brads. The top crown molding didn't fit right after assembling the sides and found one side was 3/32" longer than the other side. Chief inspector DW said it was acceptable with the gap at the back. Set the brads and DW put putty in all the brad holes. We are satified that it won't fall again as installed now; caulk at the bottom must be special as it appears to match the counter tops specked appearance. We are working on that now. Rex and GlendaP6040052.JPGP6120055.JPGP6120056.JPG

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good job! Nice pickup on pulling the side panel off to access the frame mounting.