BC 3250 bedside shelf?

archbarb

I know I am not the only one who needs a bedside shelf to hold glasses, remote, book, cell phone. Has anyone come up with a mod that will satisfy my simple needs? I have been thinking (and that's very dangerous) that the small space over the headboard and between the lights might be a good spot for something. I know the recessed shelf on the right is great for the person on that side but I need something to satisfy the left side. Thoughts...ideas...? As we are waiting for our BC to be built, my mind is in overdrive!!!
Barb

GETnBYE

Check this out, these folks did some neat stuff including a headboard shelf.
Nita
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/10570-Mods-made-to-our-2955rl?p=76118#post76118

When you get one built, you can send me one, LOL.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had the same concerns (glasses, earplugs, cell phone) need to be nearby when I go to bed. The Elk Ridge has a paneled wall for the headboard area, so I was able to attach two small shelves with 3M Command adheasive strips, much like the pic here... I'll take a pic of mine next time I'm out to it, but this might work for you. Since the command strips are rather to hold up to 3 pounds (I put at least 3 on the back of the shelf) and all I am putting on it is glasses and cell phone, I think I'm ok for it not to come down on my head. I got the 12" length, to have one on each side. They feel like they are cast rather than solid wood... they feel lighter than I would expect. I got mine at Hobby Lobby, but I think Target carries them as well. The ones I bought were black.

31kGH5FeGhL._AA400_.jpg

archbarb

Thanks for the replies! Because we don't need anything too heavy, I'm going to think about an application with the command strips! Travel Tiger, I guess the cat is out of the bag now!!!! We are really excited about getting our BC.
Barb