Getting passed inspection?

ChopperBill

Our second trip out, only the eight day on the Bighorn, Renee said it smells like sewer in the bedroom. She had already run the fan so when I got up there and I smelled nothing. She kept sniffing around and said "I smell something", I couldn't. The next day remembering these forums I took of the W/D panel in the closet and taped a plastic baggy over the washer vent cap because I knew that grey tank smell could come up there. The next day Renee said I still smell that stink by the bed. (NO! It was not me!) I took a sniff. "PROPANE" I said!! Went outside and opened up the off door side and had Renee take a sniff. She said "THATS IT!" Knowing that the bed is directly below that tank, I took a spray bottle of soap solution and sprayed down the fittings. VIOLA! Bubbles coming out of the input side of the regulator! Got a wrench and tightened the fitting almost a 1/3 of a turn! Stopped the leak and the smell for the remainder of the trip! This is not a silly little problem but maybe a LIFE THREATING problem. No detectors went off! How can something like this get by the factory inspection!?
PS. I wont buy the "dealer should check" Or " Things get loose going down the road" This should NEVER happen!

busted2341

ChopperBill,

You are absolutly right. If you remember when I found the loose wires that caused a short on the breaker panel I was told that it "might have loosened" going down the road. Give me a break. I would seem the little things seem to be getting worse on those factory inspections.....gezz...

Loco

Q Control NOT@ Heartland

Hey guys,
Just look at my pictures in the cyclone area. I know Bill has already seen some of our troubles. Everything I have had to fix is sorry workman ship or No Q/control. We should not have these type of troubles on rigs likes . Ours is a 42,000.00 dallor rig