2011 bike rack

lilwilly

I just took delivery of our 2011 28BRS and love the trailer. This may be a stupid question, but I am trying to figure out how to use the bike rack. Do the bikes sit on the plastic tray and strap to the up right bar, or do I need to purchase something to attach to the upright bar to hold the bikes? Thanks for your help.

olyfire

I purchased our 32BUDS in April and have used the bike rake twice. It works simply by installed the center pole with the single pin. I take the first bike and lean it against the pole while sitting on the plastic tray, then add the next bike next to the first. I then used a bungee around both bikes and hocked into the screw eye on the vertical pole. Then I put bungees around each bike wheel and hock in the holes on the edge of the frame of the bike rack. They sit very sturdy and it only takes a few minutes to hock them in. To protect the frame of the first bike from rubbing on the vertical pole I cut a piece of pipe insulation and placed on the bike frame. I also wrapped my bike cable around both bikes and padlocked into the screw eye of the vertical pole.
Hope that helps.

I have a 2011 32BUDS and found that the bikes rubbed against each other while traveling. Bought a cheap pool noodle and cut it into sections to wrap around the bikes where they touched