Water found in drawer under refrig ...

Midastouch

I went to get a pan out of the drawer beneath the refrig. in my Grand Canyon and noticed some water in my pans. It had the color of diluted tea, maybe .... no apparent odor that I could make out .... and the framing to the left under the drawer was wet. Any ideas about where or what this could be? I turned my icemaker off because I don't use much ice and I thought maybe that was it, so I turned it back on to see if the liquid showed up again. The refrig tube drain is hanging out the back panel .... not sure what else to check.

I am in a stationary spot right now .... haven't moved since I got it home 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I will remove the drawer tomorrow and look up there ... not sure what I'm looking for though:confused:

DennisZ

you might want to make sure the drain hose on the refrigerator is sticking out the out access panel. If it isn't water will leak into the unit when it defrosts (when shut down). Just a thought.

Midastouch

found the water source!

The water found in my drawer under the refrigerator was coming from the water line for the icemaker. When removing the outside cover, a tiny spray of water was spraying the interior of the wiring, etc... back there. The pinhole size allowed enough water to collect in there and drip down, being caught mostly in one of my pans in the drawer. We cut the line behind the hole and reconnected. Seems to be fine now! :D

If I had not cooked Sunday .... the damage could/would have been significant, I would think! Problem solved though!