Halfway there!

dalspot

A Ford 2010 F-350 4x4 Diesel came home with us this weekend! So we now have a suitable tow vehicle for our 3300QS that we hope to be ordering in the next couple of months.

Feel free to send any advice you learned from your first 5th wheel purchase. What we should expect from the dealer, what to ask for, about, etc. We won't be full-timers.

We're hoping to spend our 30th anniversary at a campground in our new vacation home the end of October :D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congrats on the new TV. We have a 2010 F350 Dually 6.4 diesel and love it. The fuel mileage sucks but if you are going to play you will have to pay. I was told by several different Ford mechanics not to modify the engine/exhaust system as the computer will tell on you and could possibly void the warranty. Therefore we have not put on an exhaust brake as I understand it is not necessary with the transmission in the tow/haul setting. Have not been to the mountains yet but others who have say you don't need it. Have fun with the now toy.

Attachments

• new truck.jpg
    new truck.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 9

GETnBYE

Congrats and Happy Anniversary too. But you folks have to stop with the pictures of the new F-350's, my husband is gonna see them and then I'll be in TROUBLE. We have a old, dependable and most of all "no payment book attached" F-350", but I see him LOOKIN at the new ones! LOL
I guess it could be worse, I don't have to smack him for looking at young girls........unless they are in a new 350 that is!
As for your advice, you can get plenty on this site.
here's mine.......ASK FOR EVERYTHING FROM YOUR DEALER, and DON'T expect anything from them unless you demand it, and don't sign or pay for anything till it's in your hands or atleast in writing.
Nita

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
dalspot, I have only one question. You know you are going to order one, why deprive yourself of the use of it for a couple more months.
So instead of ordering in a couple more months, you should be ordering in a couple more hours.:)
When we were looking, we were going to order "next year", then thought, hey we know we are getting one, why not order and use it now. We did.
We never regretted it.

Peace
Dave

dalspot

Dave, it's a money thing. We ended up spending more on the truck than we originally planned. And then there was this stinking "correction" in the market...

Plus we still have a lot of questions to be answered.
Karen

plumberdude

hi there dalspot,
frist thing congrats on the up coming 30 years.
there alot of info on this web site so take your time.do your home work and you would't be dissapointed.
as for the truck, heavey duty for the wieght.
for me it was a 10 dodge, oh did i tell you that on my 60th i took the wifes suv and traded it for her new truck.
we are still married , 28 yrs for us and learning every day.
have fun pick the right rig that fits your needs.
again congarts on 30.

pat-lori

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Congratulations on 30 years.

As far as the trailer and dealer, find a dealer that you get a warm and fuzzy feeling from. Ask for some past customers and with permission call them and see how they like their product AND the dealer.
Have a very clear understanding with the dealer what is and is not included with the final sales price. And absolutley DON'T let a dealer tell you there is a charge for doing the PDI, or prep or any other bogus charge.

There are a few dealers on this forum that keep coming up for excellent pricing and service. One is very close to you.

Even though you say you won't be full timers, don't settle for something because of that reason. Don't think "I will not be living in it all the time so I can live with so and so". Get what you want up front and start with it. You will still find plenty of other things to spend money on after the trailer is yours. Why spend it on options that you could have had from the begining. ( first hand experience)

Good luck with your purchase.