Water Heater 2007 sundance 28bhs and spray ports

Herkster

My water heater in my 5th wheel has electric and gas I chose to use electic last weekend flipped the switch on the outside and nothing by the following morning so I decided to flip the red switch on the inside labeled water heater and it heated up with electric because I know the gas never ignited all weekend didn't make sense to me. I didn't think the 2 switches would have anything to do with the other. I have a spray port on each side of the camper I can't for the life of me to get the water hose with the fitting that came with camper to fit into the port.....I called the dealer and they said it was just hard to do i've had several people besides myself try and fail what's the trick? Oh and one more thing does anyone know how to drain the water heater after camping there is a clear tube with a valve underneath it but when I turn the valve no water comes out????????? Thanks any help appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi Herkster,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The switch on the outside, on the water heater, can be left in the on position.. the red switch inside overrides it and is there for convince to control the electric heating element from the inside of the trailer. To make the gas side work you must turn on the heater on the control panel where you read the levels of the tanks.... just make sure you have water in the heater before using the electric side,, it will burn out in a second.

I have a outside shower ,,, but have never used it... we are to modest I guess....always take our showers inside...:D

The water heater does not have a drain on it... you must pull the plug from the bottom,,,below where the element is to drain...we never drain ours.. but we live in the south.. and never winterize. I do take it out and wash the sediment out about every 6 months,,,even though I use a filter on the system. The clear tube is probably a drain for the fresh water tank.

I'm sure some others will be in and give their views also..

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Herkster, like Jimtoo, I never drain our water heater, unless I winterize.
One thing to be aware of, is if you do decide to drain, make sure you releive the pressure by opening a hot water faucet inside, or tripping the pressure relief valve on the heater.
As far as the spray port, I'm thinking it's a quick disconect, your rig is a 2007 model and it may have some mineral deposits previnting its use. Try cleaning it with vinigar and then maybe some plumbers O-ring lube to ease its use.

Peace
Dave