Dual Pane Windows? Who's got them?

dalspot

We're soon to order a 3300QS. One option that I have yet to see on a pre-ordered unit is the dual pane windows.

I'm wondering how many of you did get them, and what anyone thinks of the option.

We won't be full-timing.

davebennington

We have dual pane windows in our coach, so far they have been good. I think they cut down the noise, there isn't any condensation forming on the sills and the unit says warmer. Well worth the money.

Dave

Tankie

We ordered them on our coach as well and would not do without. I think they do cut down on noise as well. And we have been in very cold weather (-2 to 15) to very warm weather and have not had a problem with condensation as well. On our old coach we only had single pane and had to clean condensation out of window sills all the time, and it always smell musty. My vote is for dual panes. Good luck.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have em and love em. They do make you coach a little darker inside, but it's also harder to see in from the outside.
Like others have said, cooler in summer, warmer in cold weather and no condensation.
I will not be without em.
Worth it as an option. IMOP.

Peace
Dave

ChopperBill

Got 'em. Had them on our old BH also but not on our Truck camper. Truck camper was a condensation mess. Dont leave home without them.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As full timers, we wouldn't be without them. If I were a weekend camper and could afford them, I would have them. This is especially true if you do any colder weather camping.

SmokeyBare

If your Lucky, you might find a RV on a sales lot that has Duel Pane windows. The true test to how good a job of noise reduction is to close the door, sit and listen to an RV with and one with out Duel pane windows. Biggest reason Dealers don't have them on their lots... cost more to have them added to the stock orders... and many folks who are not familiar with the benefits of dual pane windows are not asking for them.

We ordered our Bighorn with them because of the constance condensation problems we had with our (SOB) Fifth Wheel. The additional benefit was how quiet the windows made the RV. We wouldn't be with our them!!

dalspot

Thanks for the comments - I'm really leaning toward adding them on to the order.

Is the condensation a problem more in the winter or summer?

Karen

kkflstf

Having had them for years in numerous motor homes I never gave it much thought until I ordered a 08’ Cyclone and skipped them as they were no offered. Huge difference in insulation and noise. One of the primary reasons I ordered and traded for a 2011 Cyclone. Spend last weekend camping in 90+ temps and one AC kept up fairly well. Previously both would have worked pretty hard. We’ve also spend a lot of nights in teen and single digit temps also enormous difference. Long story short, will never not have them again!

rikchris

We just picked up our 2011 3100ES Sundance. We ordered it with the dual pane windows for several reasons. The main reason is because it really helps keep it cool in the heat and warm in the colder weather. We love them and have had them in every unit we owned. I have to say that the 3100ES floor plan is the best thing since sliced bread. The extend counter is super and there is plenty of floor space for us and our dog. I keep finding new reasons to love the unit.

Chris

dalspot

Ok, you've all convinced us that the dual-pane windows are the way to go.

Now another question - how much weight will they add to the unit? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
How much weight do they add??? About again as much as single panes. :) :) :)
I really don't know but I would guess around maybe 200#. Just a guess.
If they added 500# I would still get them.
We have em now and ordered them on the new rig.
If you ever find out the added weight, let us know.
You might try contacting Hehr and see if they can help.

Peace
Dave

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
These are the option weights from the factory on my Bighorn 3055.

Approx weight added to the standard weight of the unit for the following options:

High gloss gel coat - 215 lbs
Dual Pane Windows - 120 lbs
Electric rear jacks - 15 lbs
Slide topper awnings for triple slide -101 lbs
Fireplace - 10 lbs