FOLLOW UP TO: Connecting-Cable-TV-and-Cable-Internet-to-my-FW

patrick1945

Could I connect the splitter behind the tv and run 1 piece of coax to the tv and another to the cable modem and then on to the wireless router? I have new Comcast modem and router and the service would be comcast.

2010augusta

You MIGHT. I have tried that and could not get the modem to find the cable signal. after talking to Comcast, we decided the trailer had too many splitters in-line for the modem to work inside, so that is why our is in the basment, before all the other splitters.

it cold also be low grade coax, I have had to buy really good coax cables to get from the campground hook up to the modem.

patrick1945

Is the coax better than Comcast uses? They will provide all that I need but I am not sure of the quality.

You MIGHT. I have tried that and could not get the modem to find the cable signal. after talking to Comcast, we decided the trailer had too many splitters in-line for the modem to work inside, so that is why our is in the basment, before all the other splitters.

it cold also be low grade coax, I have had to buy really good coax cables to get from the campground hook up to the modem.

2010augusta

Some of the Comcast coax is good, some if it was not. Looking at the ends, and how ends are done can tell a lot. molded ends are generally mean a better quality of coax than crimped ends. I got a long white cable from Comcast and it is very good.