2009 3670RL actual weights, not sales weights

ibrick

Hi

Looking at a 2009 3670RL upgrade from my 2009 3055RL and need some help on weights.

My 2002 f350 dually weighs in at 8500lbs loaded with my wife, generator and full fuel. I have an 11,500lb GVWR for the truck leaving me 3000lbs for a companion hitch and the pin weight of the 3670. Is this realistic?

My GCWR (combined truck and trailer) allowable is 20,000lbs. Taking the 8500lbs of the truck off this leaves me with an allowable trailer weight of 11,500lbs. My 3055 loaded for a week and the truck combined come in at 21,076lbs. We find that although over in weight the setup is comfortable in pulling, stopping and handling for both my wife and I.

What does a 3670RL actually weigh heading out for a week of camping? Are we biting off more than we can chew pulling the 3670 with the 350?

Thank you for any advice or opinions,
Rick

ihsolutions

I have a 2011 3670RL that I am towing with a 3/4 ton duramax and airbags. Fully loaded for a week of camping it scaled in at 13k pounds and 2500 pin weight. I'm over the truck's GVWR by about 300lbs but I'm careful and it tows great. With your DRW you will be FINE!

ibrick

Thank you for your prompt replies!

I just want to be very careful of our decision as I want my wife to be as comfortable driving the new setup.

Of our 14 trips last year I only had to shoe horn the 3055 twice. At 4' longer it'll take me another night of talking to alleviate her "it's so nice but to big" murmur.:p

Tankie

I have a 2009 3670RL Just weighed it. It is 12,580 on the axles, pin weight is 2920lb that is total of 15500 lbs for the coach. if your truck weighs 8500lb and you are close to my weights then you will have a GCVW of 24000lbs.

RollingHome

Rick, I pulled my 2011 3670RL home from the dealer almost 300 miles with a 2500 HD, "GAS" Cheby with absolutely no problem and I felt safe... But, because I'm a big chicken and want to do what's right, I up-sized to a 3500 HD... Now it's "what trailer, are we towing?"... Seriously, I do not even know it's there. I now feel the 3500HD is an overkill, and that feels good. I now drive safely, legally and I don't have to keep an eye in thr rear view mirror for Mr. Policeman. ... Did I tell you I'm a BIG chicken ?

ibrick

Thanks RollingHome!

I'm the same way, I hate checking the mirrors to see if that cop is turning around especially with all the talk of weight police in BC. Just as important is my wife's comfort level when driving our setup.

I've convinced her that the 4' additional length will not be that big an issue to us, so we continue to look as our first opportunity didn't come thru.

The 3055 is more than adequate while we continue our search. Life is good.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
especially with all the talk of weight police in BC.

What is the talk about weight police in BC. We plan to go to Alaska next year. Do they weigh everyone pulling a 5er or what? Sorta hard to tell if someone is overweight unless your driving a HDT.

BC

caissiel

Its a provincial law that will be overriden by your state's laws. If your State allows your weight you will be OK. I can travel all over Canada with restrictions in BC, Ontario and Manitoba, but if I would move to those provinces I would have to upgrade my Driver's Licence to class 3 or 1. Or if it changes no one will visit those provinces with trailers over 10,000 Lbs.

There is a rumor going around here that an RV licenced in this province cannot tow a Car on all 4 wheels with a tow-Bar, but a trailer is allowed. Out of Province registered Units and Visitors are OK though.

We are heading in a direction that we will have to buy motohomes that any person with a car drivers licence can drive in any province with no restrictions. And drive them to the beach because we cannot pull a car behind them.

beardedone

Beardedone
Lets not get into weight police thing like they do on RV.net. The obvious thing is that they do not weigh every unit that enters Canada or BC or Alberta. The mandate is safety. They watch for the obvious. If your unit is level, does not float going over bumps and appears reasonable then they are not going to bother you. If you do get stopped then they are going to check your axle weights and total GVWR. A large proportion of the people on this forum towing a Landmark or 3670 are close to or over their GVWR. The most important factor is; are you driving safely, within reasonable limits and is your unit properly maintained. If your bumper is dragging and the headlights shining at the mountain tops then look out.