Samsung combo question

Bobby A

Need your help guys, have the Samsung TV and combo DVD player, I noticed last night while watching a movie the rear speakers were not working, I went thru the menu on the DVD player combo under Audio and did a test tone and all the speakers are working, what am I missing ?? There is something called DRC and that is set on off, so I turned it on about half way and still no sound from rear speakers, it must not be related to speaker, not sure what DRC function is ?? Any one know what I'm missing ?? Thanks Bobby A

Bobby A

The rear speakers in my Bighorn have a switch on the bedroom wall next to a light switch that turns the rear speakers on. Two switches actually.

Hi Charlie,

Mine also has 2 switches in the bedroom also, but I thought that turns the bedroom speakers on and off ??

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hi Charlie,

Mine also has 2 switches in the bedroom also, but I thought that turns the bedroom speakers on and off ??

That is all they're for. If they're controlling the living room speakers, then somebody got their wires crossed.

jpajax

If your remote has a button that reads DSP/EQ press it and it will let you go through different modes if it is in stero it will only run the front speakers. Hope this helps.

Bobby A

If your remote has a button that reads DSP/EQ press it and it will let you go through different modes if it is in stero it will only run the front speakers. Hope this helps.

BINGO !!!!!!!

That was the problem, it wasn't the DSP/EQ button though it was the other one that lets you switch proligic11 , matrix stereo and a couple more, I put mine on matrix according to the manual that is true 5.1 surround sound, it seems the volume is a little weak though.
Thanks again