Hearne, Tx to Evanston Wy

sjrellis

The son will be towing his 35' 5th wheel to Evanston, Wy from Hearne, TX. He wants to avoid the most mountainous route and I've found several different routes on different sites. North to Salina, Kansas...west to Denver...north to Cheyenne...and west to Evanston seems to look the best to me? He's my boy and his Mama is trying to help him out (even tho he IS 27!).

Thanks!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Colorado Camper

Engineer 71
route looks good - please note the following:
do not take E-470 around the northeast side of Denver unless you have lots of money- it is an extremely expensive toll road - probably cost you $ 16-20 between I-70 and I-25. alternate is I-70 to I-270 to I-25 north. There are no toll booths, just cameras and you get a bill later.

traffic between Denver and Ft. Collins is always heavy on I-25, and the speed limit is 75. Trailers in CO are limited to 65, so that is a big speed difference to watch out for. Absolutely avoid rush hour for this part of the drive.

The Flying J gas station at exit 7 on I-25 just south of Cheyenne has the cheapest gas I have seen for a while.

Hope he has a great trip and enjoys the drive.