Lippert and Dexter Axles

robnmo

I've been reading all the info/complaints on the Lippert Axles, I've been making sure our U bolts are correct torque, etc, but while out looking through all the papers again today to correct a Fantastic Vent thing, I noticed we have papers on Dexter Axles and nothing on Lippert. Am I missing something here or is Dexter also known as Lippert or do we have Dexter Axles and not Lippert. Not that I'm confused, I prefer to think of my self as just simply LOST! ;)

RollingHome

Rob, You're Not really lost, ya just don't know where ya are dude. Remember, guys never get lost, we just don't know where we are at and we never, NEVER, ask for directions... we're too smart for dat. We let the dumb gals ask for help... then we ask them if they could help.... just a little bit... in a whisper... PS. crawl under your rig and see what the labels affixed to the axles say, Dexter or Lippert...

ArlingtonFire

You should have three 6000 lb dexter axles with the easy flex.........Have you had any issues with the brakes ??? have had to replace bad magnets

robnmo

You should have three 6000 lb dexter axles with the easy flex.........Have you had any issues with the brakes ??? have had to replace bad magnets

Just got back in here, we're on the road in Texas so far I'll say no to brake problems. As for the Dexter tag on the label I'll crawl under there when we hit the campground in about an hour.

dougw

I have to ask, why did you ask about the brakes? I just took my 2010 3010 in to the dealer because it will not stop hardly at all. I have the controller maxed and it won't lock the brakes. I'm going to post this again to see what others might say, so sorry every one for the re-post.

Doug

ArlingtonFire

I ask about the brakes because last week I was bringing the trailer to the house to load up prior to leaving for Va. I was loading up bikes in the garage and smelled something hot and felt the hubs and the rear axle was super hot while the others were cool to the touch. The rear axle was compesating for the other two not working. I took it in and they found bad magnets....I was drawing 6 amps and he explained I should be drawing approx 12 amps.....2 amps per brake.

I bought the cyclone in Ny and upon entering Pa I got my inspection done and they explained the rear axle's magnets needed replaced before it would pass......all in all all magnets replaced, but Dexter has been excellent to work with to date...not sure if there was a bad batch, but have not saw any other threads......Good Luck

Most are saying they have not heard of that many or any magnets failing ??

caissiel

When I bought my unit, I checked everything over and attached to the rear axle was a shipping list of all the axle parts for the axle that Lippert bought from a supplier, the part numbers did not match Dexter part lists, but matched an other supplier parts list, that I rather not name. But they are well known axle supplier, that I know Lippert does a lot of business with.
We are all blaming Lippert, but Lippert is like Heartland, getting the blame for OEM Parts that are not up to par.

ArlingtonFire

I didnot hear anyone blaming anyone......trying to get solutions for different problems......Dexter has been great to do business with...Be Safe