New 32BUDS

32BUDS

Purpose: To share my experience in a positive manner and gain constructive feedback

First and foremost, we really love our new trailer and hope to keep it for many years. The reason for this post is to hopefully hear of some similar experience and I am praying that they were resolved quickly and painlessly.

We picked up our trailer on May 19th and planned on camping that weekend. It was a cool evening in CO so we just ran the fan. Saturday it was warming up went to kick on the AC with no luck. Went through all paperwork and checked the breakers etc... . Still no luck. Called and set up a "warranty" appointment in a couple of weeks to resolve this and a few minor things (like stryo in the ducts).

Decided to not wait, since we were enjoying our camping experience and went to a cooler climate (around Cripple Creek..no need for AC..thought that was a good idea). Friday night...all is well. Just me and my oldest having a blast. Rest of the family and in laws came up on Saturday and everything went well until about 3AM...furnace went out. Thought I was out of LP...no problem...well...I am not out of LP...all the breakers are fine and still no heat. The forced air will come on...but will not light. Went through all the owners manuals and followed the reset procedure and still nothing. All are now cold and we are trying to keep the 1yo warm and toasty. Morning comes and now no hot water and my holding tank warmer light is no longer lit. Once again went through all the procedures and finally the water heater started working for a few hours...went out and then came back on. Holding tank heater light is still not lit.

Anyways, I am hopeful that this is out of the ordinary and all is rather fixable. I am also hopeful that we will be back up and running in the next couple of weeks. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

olyfire

Good choice on your choosing a 32 BUDS. We took delivery on April 9th of this year. We have been out 3 times now for about 5 days each time.
Fortunately we didn't have the same problems you had except for the water heater. Our unit had not been de-winterized by the dealer and the by-pass valves had not been change over for use so we only got warm water for short times only. Once we switched the valves we now get hot water.
We have had to use the heater on each outing and it worked well except for when we ran out of gas, dealer said they filled both tanks - NOT.
I also tried the air and got Styrofoam out of the vents.
The biggest problems we had is a leak coming from the bathroom under the wall. Our TV caught fire on our second outing, not Heartland problem, just of fluke, and we just happen to be watching the Long Long Trailer with Lucille Ball.
One thing to be careful of is the awning. We had it out when a gust of wind came up and stripped the top screws right out of the side of the unit on the back rail. The screws are only secured in the skin, so if it starts to get windy or we are going to leave the trailer in comes the awning.
One other thing that is not working are the electrical receptacle in the large slide.
I have an appointment next week for get these things fixed.

Beyond these things we really like this trailer. With all of the room it becomes the meeting place when we are camping with others.
Good luck, it sounds like yours are warranty fixes.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Keep a written list of everything that does not work (and how is mis-functioned) or you "think" is not right, including squeaks or misaligned slides. Take that to the dealer and make sure every item is listed for checking on their work order. It's actually helpful for both you and them.

32BUDS

Update***

I am very grateful for the finance guy at RV America in Aurora (I "purchased" it from another RV America location but that is where I picked it up an finished the paperwork etc... .). He really went to bat for me and got me in earlier with the assistance of the Service Manager and I am truly grateful for their assistance. That is the customer service I was looking for.

AC - Wire jiggled loose or was never connected to the compressor, that should be corrected.

Water Heater and Furnace - replaced valve (sorry I am not that technical) on LP system hopefully that has that corrected. Quick side note and maybe someone can provide me some guidance on this. If you read the fine print on the owners manual, it states that adjustments need to be made for 4500ft above sea level and for every 1000 ft of change. I know they set me for the Denver area, but most of you aware...anywhere I camp in CO is well above 5000ft and closer to 9000ft. What do you do when you change altitudes? Has it been an issue? I must point out that my parents have a 2010 tent camper and they had no issues with their furnace at 10K ft.

Holding tank - well I have a maybe on that...they said it only comes on below 40 degrees F...I am not sure if that is correct or not.

Minor stuff - taken care of

I am heading out this week to the Estes Park area, that should be a good test to see if everything is working again...maybe I should bring a portable heater just in case. Overall, I am pleased and I have my fingers crossed that things are looking up.

Thank you all for your feedback and keep it coming, I can use all the assistance I can get. :)

32BUDS

**Update - Furnace went out again on Friday evening and would not relite throughout the weekend. This is really puzzling...it has to be the igniter or sail-switch.