waranty issues and no response from heartland

we have a 2006 Bighorn 3055, purchased in March, in Texas. we are full time RV'ers. we now have some waranty issues we would like looked at. nothing major untill today. noticed water leaking out of underside of trailer. We and are now in Idaho.We contacted Heartland on 9/18, we have left two voice mails-still no call back. We contacted the local(200 miles away) dealer and we told, very rudely I might add, that they were a very large dealership and were to busy to work on something they didn't sell! When I ask what am I supposed to do about this leak, i was told "I can't help you, you better take it back to Texas or the factory" The lack of response by the factory is unacceptable but the icing on the cake was the rude " I don't care" attitude by the local dealer. How do I resolve these waranty issues if NO ONE wants to help? Barney

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The reply you received from the dealer doesn't suprise me at all. It actually is very common and I do not appreciate either.:mad:

The poor factory response does suprise me. We have never had any issues when dealing directly with the factory. As a matter of fact, we received better service dealing directly with the factory as opposed to through our dealership.

I am confident that when Scott reads your message that he will get you in touch with the proper people at the factory.

Good luck,

Mark

ct0218

It is my understanding that Heartland will authorize warranty repairs by the dealer of your choice, doesn't matter if they are Heartland dealers or not. I have had excellent response by the factory, poor from my dealer.

tdharley

I am sorry I do agree with Mark. Just today for instance I had a problem and got my regional tech rep on the phone he in turn cracked open a schematic and gave me the info and help I needed.

So far I have not come across anything that needs immediate attention that I cannot handle myself. I do have 2 problems I cant handle and will be making a 250 mile trip to the dealer I bought it from next season. Luckily we have a Hershey Park trip planned anyway

Scott

Barney,
This is Scott at Heartland. Who did you leave the messages with? Hopefully it was the Customer Service center at 574.262.8030 - and odds are it was Chris DeLapaz who has the Western States.

I am emailing him right now.

Sorry I just got back in the office from out of town to see you post.

All I have is your name. You will need to email Chris D. at paz@heartlandrvs.com to give him your phone number so he can contact you.

By the way, what is the name of the dealer?

ST

Scott

Just to follow up. I checked the call logs of our guys and even the secretary at customer service and there were no calls from a "Barney" or any one in Idaho on the 18th. I can only assume that you talked with a sales secretary or something. Just and FYI.
I have instructed our customer service team to contact you via email, as that was all the info on you I had.
ST

phone number

Scott,thanks for the reply. Actually its my parents trailer. Mom just doesn't do computers. The calls were placed on the 18th to Chris. My mothers name is Theo Fife. Phone number 208-670-8847.
:eek:
The dealer is Nelsons RV in Boise, Idaho
Thanks again Barney