Entry Door Latch

32BUDS

Would there be a recommend angled entry door latch for the 32BUDS that is a stronger composite/plastic or metal that would fit? The stock one has not held up so far and I think an upgrade is in order.

M

Mcreech

They do make metal hold backs but the reason Heartland doesn't use them, is because at shows and on the dealers lot, the folks that walk into the units don't always treat them as there own...if you no what i mean...... The metal hooks won't bend or lose shape, so they hold the door better, but if you slam the door shut with a metal hook, you will rip it out of the wall....So be careful if you decide to by the metal ones.....Hope this helps

32BUDS

Could you recommend a sturdier plastic/composite latch and were is the best place to get them? I am beyond a quick drive to the parts store, I would rather purchase online if possible.

Thanks-

nesport

We had the same problem with ours when we bought it last year. Went through 5 before our first trip. Here's two fixes. 1) Some manufacures other than Heartland place a hydraulic strut (like on the outdoor kitchen on top the door, this keeps the door from opening 180 degree's, but also holds it open securely. 2) We got a piece of fabric 1 inch think by about 4 feet long. I screwed in a pop snap under the trailer and to side of the open door (the depth). The strap has two snaps on it, one for when the awning is out, one for when it's in. This secures the door firmly against the trailer (I placed some pads when the door rests againt the awning so that it doesn't damage the trailer or door). Can't even see it's there when open and has been great even in some hard winds. Pretty sad that I had to build a $5 fix on a $30k trailer; if only Heartland had made the awning a 20 footer, and it'd never be an issue in the first place. I'll have the trailer back this next week, so if you want some pics, let me know.

olyfire

I would like to see pictures.
I bought two metal ones from camping world. One is right angle and one straight. The right angle one replaces the original one and is used when the awning is out and the straight one goes farther back and is used when the awning is in. I have not installed them yet and If I could find a better solution I'd rather.