Digital A/C thermostat

sdagro

Anyone have the wiring modifications for the digital A/C thermostat. If you don't put the fan switch in will it run on high or low all the time? Don't know why none of the manufacturers have these as standard equipment. $15-$20 more sure would be worth having at purchase. Thanks, Steve A. Dagro

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This link should take you directly to the modification site. Without the switch, I believe the unit will only run on high fan. Although the instructions say to solder the lead for the fan switch (if you decide to add it), you can just screw it to the terminal strip, instead. Disconnect the house battery while making the connection or you may activate the furnace fan while making your connections. Harmless, but if you're not expecting it, you may be searching for tiny screws in the carpet. DAMHIKT.

http://www.modmyrv.com/2008/07/14/rv-digital-thermostat

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
We did that mod last year and love the accurate temp controls. The extra switch connects the High speed fan to the same terminal as the Low speed. My switch actually allows me to turn the fan on without the A/C being on. We rarely use it that way but it will circulate some air.