28BRS Ordered

APT

After about a year of researching brands and floorplans, I have put down a deposit for my first TT. I have been interested most recently in the Edge M22, NT 28BRS and 31RED. The 31RED would be great for rainy days, but not as great sleeping for 3 kids 5 and under. I have the what-am-I-comfortable-towing-with-a-half-ton-pickup battle to deal with. I have only been in a couple NTs at RV shows. I have not found any dealers in Southeast Michigan that stock them. However, I have confidence in Heartland and am familiar enough with other brands to compare quality and features that make ordering a North Trail an easy decision.

Looking forward to enjoying more relaxing times with my family, as hard as that is with 3 little ones.
Aaron

Newfie

I also ordered a NT 28BRS on May 5. It was supposed to come of the line a week ago today. We are now waiting anxioulsy for it to be delivered to the dealership. We had a deposit on a Zinger 26BH which we also really liked but decided against it once I calculated the tongue weight of the TT and the GVW of my 09 Sierra Crew. We would have been maxed out before adding any cargo in the trailer or truck. The NT was my first choice but the huge pricing variance between the dealerships here in Canada and the US made me look for another trailer that had comparable cross border pricing. In the end I ended up ordering through a U.S. dealership as this was the trailer we wanted and were saving $1000s by driving a few hrs.

jimtoo

Hi Newfie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Great to see you be saving some money by driving a few miles... when you do you PDI,, be sure and take your time and check it out... check operation of everything. Spend a night or two in it if you can before you take it home.

If you have problems we are here to help.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy when you get it.

Jim M

bozo

APT, I to just picked up our new 21FBS North Trial last friday. We looked at everything new and kept coming back to the North Trial. What we found as standard on the North Trial was options on the other brands of TT's. And thats why we drove from GA to Ohio 530 miles one way to pick ours up from the dealer. It was worth the wait. Welcome to the family I know you will love it when you get yours. And you will enjoy the forum and all the Heartland family. Happy Camping!!!!!

bozo

Brian & Sheila
2011 21Fbs North Trial
2004 GMC (GEORGIA MOUNTIAN CLIMBER) 4X4 Z71

APT

Hey, Bozo! Glad you are enjoying your 21FBS. I really like the large dinette. What options did you get?

I ended up going with another dealer after talking with both RVW and RVCapital Wholesalers. They were able to meet the same price as the wholesalers and have the hitch and slideout awning I want at reasonable prices. Best of all, they think I can get it before Independence Day. We'll see; I have a VIN!

bozo

Apt, We went with RVW. We had two dealers trying to sale us. RVW thru in Aluminum Wheels, RVQ Grill, and a couple of other things I'm not allowed to talk about so we closed the deal with them. You will love it when you get it. It may just be me but when we roll into a campground all eyes are on us. People walk by and you know they are wanting to come over to get a closer look. When they stop by we will be proud to say."Oh this its a Heartland" HAPPY CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bozo

APT

Thursday, July 1st, 2010 pickup!

FWIW, my RVW salesman lowered the price by $750 when I told him I was not purchasing through them. Interesting as "the Internet sez" they are the cheapest.