Which air ride pin box

I have a 2009 Sundance 3300RLB. First I need to determine what model pin box I have. I cannot find the model number. Then I need to find an air ride pin box, Trail Air or 5th Airborne, will work best. It has to be the same length since I have a short bed and not slider hitch. I can make 90 degree turns and need to be able to continue that. Any help of information would be great to help me get this done.

Thanks,
Jayme

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
You will have to remove the plastic pin box cover to see the part number. (aprox. 10 screws). I'm betting you have a Lippert 1621hd. I'd measure the new one in person if you can to assure its the same length or longer.

lwmcguir

I have a 2009 Sundance 3300RLB. First I need to determine what model pin box I have. I cannot find the model number. Then I need to find an air ride pin box, Trail Air or 5th Airborne, will work best. It has to be the same length since I have a short bed and not slider hitch. I can make 90 degree turns and need to be able to continue that. Any help of information would be great to help me get this done.

Thanks,
Jayme

Either pit box should work great. If you cant find a model number then you can go to the websites and cross reference based on dimensions and bolt patterns. Or any good dealer can look at it and tell you what it is. We have the 5th Airborne and it is the best pin box we have ever had on all of our Campers over many years.

MC9

I installed the Mor-Ryde pin box, it works better than advertised, and it is the same length as the 1621 that came on our 2900MK.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I would suggest calling the TrailAir service center at 1-800-998-4238. the girl who answers the phone will be able to tell you what pin box you will need and which is installed on your rig now. I called them and she was spot on with all the info. Also while I'm at it I will recommend the TrailAir TriGlide pin box. I bought our 08 Bighorn with the TrailAir and recently installed the TriGlide lower jaw. What a difference it made. Here in Oklahoma we have to contend with bad roads and the TriGlide virtually eliminated all the chucking.

PSF513

I just installed the TriGlide AirRide Pin Box last weekend. It is about 9" longer than the standard, at least on our BH. You do not need it for turning, although it could not hurt, it sure make a huge difference in the ride. If you are registered for the National Rally, Lippert is running some great prices right now. That's what made us decide on the TriGlide.

Delaine and Lindy

In the past I used a Trailair and it work ok. But I didn't like unhooking had to raise the front of the 5er a bit. I had rather have a Trailer Saver Air ride 5th wheel hitch. A true air ride 5th wheel hitch. Its pricey but it will be the last hitch you will have to buy. And the TS 3 fits most all standard bedrails my last TS 3 was used on 4 different Trucks. I would still have it but had to upgrade to a Trailer Saver with a 32,000 lb capacity. GBY....

RobertB

Bob B.
I have a 2011 Heartland Grand Canyon, and a 2010 3/4 Ton Chevrolet Silverado Diesel, and it does not travel good. We get a lot of chucking front and back, not too much problem for the up and down movement. I am looking at the Tri Glide Hitch, is there some specific things I must do to keep the trailer turning at the 88 degrees??? I have a 16 K Curt hitch.

Thanks Robert B

porthole

Retired
The Tri Glide will not be the end all to your chucking. It does help, but does not eliminate it.

I had a Mor/Ryde hitch that worked good up till the trailer weight was maxed.

I think the Mor/ryde works great up to about 16000 pounds. After that it still works but tends to hit the stops more often, which are cushioned.

The Tri Glide works about the same, but when it hits the travel limit it is more abrupt, no cushion.

Next for us may very well be an air ride hitch in the truck and go back to the OEM pin box.

If possible I would try and get your installer to give an option to install it and try it out. The heavier trailers do not benefit as much as the lighter ones, and I am assuming your Landmark is on the heavier side.

Anyone interested in Mor/ryde pin - or a Trail Air Tri Glide pin - or a PullRite Super Glide 18 with super rails and GM brackets.............................

lwmcguir

5th Airborne is the best in my opinion. You can use the cover you paid for as well. Rides great and has the length you need.