Axle weight rating reduce

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBill

Has anyone else gotten a certified letter from Heartland informing them about a safety issue? Seems that the axles on some 5'ers cannot carry the weight as posted on the axles and the decal on the frame. Their fix for this was to send out a new decal with the reduced weight rating, from 5200 lbs. to 5080 lbs. Maybe this explains why I've had to straighten two axles and I have NOT overloaded the trailer. I can't believe Lippert thinks I'm going to settle for a new sticker.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I have the 5200# axles on my 2009 Sundance and have not recieved the letter, i'm not sure my springs are a problem. I hope you recover some money so you can buy a complete set the 6000# springs to support that Cyclone properly.

Only1Fig

Okay Cyclone owners here's how I understand what this safety recall is all about. This is like a Three Stoogies clip when they became professor's at an all girls college let's get started Here's the formula E I O,O I E, E I ICKY I, E I O. It's not the axle's it is the tire's that we run on our unit's they are ST225/75R15D, it's the D rating which is good for 2540lbs per tire. Are we ready here we go 2x2540=5080, that is why we got the stickers. And this only affects 2007 to 2009 Cyclones because this is the tire that we have on our units from factory. Are axle's are 5200lb 4 leaf axles from Lippert which if you go to their web site you can find them, they do not make a 5080lb axle. This was all brought about by NHTSA (nit-suh), this is how it was explained to me by Dave Partin of Heartland when he got back to me. I hope this helps explain the letter. If it still is not clear I suggest you contact Dave at Heartland because that is who my Eastern rep transfered me to when he totally baffled me with his explaination of the letter.

After hearing this. It would be nice if Heartland could give us a deal (their cost) on new 16" rims. So we could carry the load it was intended for. I'm not needing tires yet, but I'm on the look out for any used 16" rims that pop up, so I can upgrade.

MrBill

I took my cyclone to my tire dealer today and after he looked at how my tires are wearing he said I was definitely overloading the tires. I run them at 65 lbs and check them daily. I've already purchased 16" rims and have ordered new tires. I agree Heartland owes us something on this.

Dennist

atving and camping...
After hearing this. It would be nice if Heartland could give us a deal (their cost) on new 16" rims. So we could carry the load it was intended for. I'm not needing tires yet, but I'm on the look out for any used 16" rims that pop up, so I can upgrade.
I agree totally on Heartland needs to pony up some monies for the cost of 6 16" tires and rims! We load ours to the max to Michigan every month or so and this is not good. I bought the rig on the premise of it being able to handle the posted weight. Maybe a small claims or class action.... This is almost 400lbs, I guess I tell my kid she cannot ride her quad as it will make the tires blow out.

jbeletti

... Maybe a small claims or class action....

Thread closed form terms of use violation.

Please refrain from public discussion on this forum of past, pending, current or future legal action.

Feel free to open a new thread about the notice, but steer away from legal discussion.

Jim Beletti
Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.