Is the Sundance 3300QS full-time capable?

Jaysee

We checked out a 3300QS yesterday at a Denver RV America show. It was great to have a factory rep, Brad, present to answer questions. We are now convinced that the 3300QS is for us. However, Brad commented that it really isn't intended for full-time use (perhaps just extended use). His reasoning seemed to be based on the fact that it lacks laminated construction (as found in the Big Horn). Since full-timing is an idea we have toyed with, his comment was somewhat disconcerting. Is there real-world experience out there that supports his position that a "Big Horn or Better" is necessary for full-time?

jimtoo

Re: 3300QS not ready for full time

Hi Jaycee,

There are several that use the Sundance for full time. I'm sure some of the folks will jump in here and give their opinion. Traveler07, Rick and Blanca, have been using theirs for a couple of years now, are one that I know of.

Jim M

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member

I'm not sure on the Sundance's not being laminated. If they are not laminated or (glued?) then how are they made? If no one responds to your question here I would post your question in "Ask the Factory".

Jaysee,

The Sundance is an awesome coach and we sell an awful lot of them. We do have a few owners full-time in them as well. The sidewalls are built using a lamination process, as are our walls on our other 5th wheels.

What Brad must have meant is that the roof and floors are not built using the a lamination process in the same manner as we do with say the Landmark/Bighorn/Big Country product.

The R-value should be higher with our laminated roofs and walls versus non-laminated processes.

If it's not your plan to spend the winter in an area of the country with sustained below freezing weather, if you feel the Sundance 3300QS is the right fit for you - I say "go with it".

Best of luck to you and if you want to speak to the Sundance Brand Manager, I urge you to phone Dave Willis at the plant at 574-262-5992. I am sure he'd love to spend time with you, helping you better understand the Sundance so you can best determine if it's the one or if you need to move onto another Heartland brand.

Jim

D

Dave Willis

We have customers that are full timing in our Sundance product. We haven't heard of any problems that I am aware of, from our customers that are full timers. The Sundance product is considered an extended stay or a three season unit. If you are full timing and you go were it is below freezing, you should take extra precautionary measures to ensure that your tanks don't freeze up on you. Big Horn does have the laminated roof and floors, but that is not necessary for full timing in a unit. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Heck, we just met a couple yesterday fulltiming for three years in an Outback Hybrid TT...a Sundance would be the lap of luxury compared to that.

As long as you know your unit's limitations, i.e., insulation, tank capacities, A/C and heating capabilities, etc, and use it accordingly, you can fulltime in just about anything. We've been on the road, fulltime, in our 08' Bighorn for three years and we seen people fulltiming in every conceivable type of rig...including the Sundance, with no problem! Go for it!!