3300RLB mattress

micar

Just purchased a new 2010 3300RLB,few light bulbs burnt out???wooden door on closet outside bathroom warped and won't shut properly,but worst of all the matress,you can feel every spring within it and when lying down can actually feel the wooden base!The door and the light are easy fix or warranty,but are all the matress's like this???
Mike

caissiel

Re: 3300RLB matress

I have replaced the Matress on every RV I ever bought. For some reason RV matresses are special sizes, so you realy have to check everything out before shopping.

Bighurt

Mines hard but you can't feel the springs, however the DW is planning a replacement...

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

We always add one of those Memory Foam mattress toppers...they seem to really work well for us!

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

I like our matress but my wife does not and she does not sleep well. Friends of ours gave us the name of a memory foam matress from Overstock.com that we will be getting.
it fits the "special" queen that is in RVs and it is more resonable than the temperpedic.

jpyles

YES! Our Sundance XLT has the very same mattress. We are looking for a good replacement now. This is one I can't believe Heartland would let get by their QA guys. We are sleeping on the fold-out air mattress until we can find a replacement. Or until Heartland decides to replace it with a real mattress! How about it Heartland?

MurrayN.

We have just always transfered an egg-carton style (??) foam mattress topper ( about 2" thick) from every trailer we have owned to the next trailer and found that it gives us a great sleep on top of every mattress. And it won't break your wallet either.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Wal-Mart sells a reasonably priced (under $100) foam mattress topper which is great. A whole lot less than a new mattress and it serves the purpose well.

micar

Thanks for all the responses,we will try the foam "topper".But I can't believe we have not even spent a night in the bed yet and we are considering changing the matress!!I agree with jpyles and don't understand how Heartland let this through QA.
Mike

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Most of us members have owned many campers before from pop-ups to motor homes. I have never been that excited about any "factory" supplied mattress no matter who the manufacturer was. There are literally hundreds of things that would be really nice to have in our trailers. Can you imagine how much the cost would go up if manufacturers were to include these items? At what point do they draw the line. They try to provide as much as they can for the price the rig sells for.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

I was in SOB 5er the other day and it had a sleep number bed mattress with separate controls. It was very nice, however the 5er cost $160,000 new. If you want to play you will have to pay.

Bighurt

Everyone keeps saying the mattress is special, but it measures 60" x 80" which is the same as a actual queen. What part is special?

micar

Now don't get me wrong I am not knocking the product or heartland,just saying they take so much care with everything else you would think they change this???As for the comment you gotta pay to play our $20,000 Fleetwood Terry had a better matress in a way crappy trailer.
Mike

bcdiesel

Odd, our new 2011 3300RLB came with a pillow top queen matress. Both my wife and I find it very comfortable, can't feel any springs.

Odd, our new 2011 3300RLB came with a pillow top queen matress. Both my wife and I find it very comfortable, can't feel any springs.
This sort of make you wonder if the dealer or "somebody" pulled a switcheroo with the original mattress. Maybe from another rig on the lot??? Now I'm just sayin maybe...

We replaced our mattress also. Our chiropractor told us to stay away from a mattress that uses springs and go to a full natural rubber mattress. This keeps the chemicals used out of our bed. We checked around to see where we could get a mattress made to our specifications.

We wanted on to be all natural rubber, 8-9" thick and be 71"x80". A King size RV mattress is 72"x80". We wanted a little bit of room to make it easier to pult the mattress out and make up.

After a lot of looking around we found a small business, Sleep Craft Mattress , that makes mattresses and would make one for us that was about the same cost as a Sleep Number bed. They said they make a lot of beds for Motorhomes and other RV's. When we received the mattress we found that the edges were much firmer than the middle. To find out they said that is was normal to place a firmer foam edge on the sides because people use the mattress as a place to set on when using it as a cushion. The took the mattress back and replaced it with a full foam mattress.

This is a very comfortable bed and has a long warranty. When we decide to exit fulltime we can take the mattress with us if we want to.
I am not sure but I believe they will ship the mattress if needed, but you might look around and see if you can find a small company that will make a custom mattress for you.

Another thing that is a problem with RV Beds it getting sheets for it. When talking to a friend about keeping sheets tucked in by sewing the bottoms into a pocket of both the top and bottom sheets. A suggestion was to buy a regular set of sheets and have them altered to fit the bottom of the mattress.

FWIW
BC

Ray, Yes the cost of the unit would be more but it would save all of these labor costs and travel expenses let alone the fact that you are paying anyway for the mission tires that come on the unit plus the price of the tires you have to upgrade to. If there is anybody who thinks these mission tires are so great you just let me know because I still have the four I took off and I will sell them cheap!! Everybody knows the mattresses in these units have to be replaced if you don't like sleeping in the valley. Wet bolts and bushings would only cost about $100 dollars more if they were built in or you can have them installed for $120 for the kit plus $150 labor plus fuel to Elkhart and back. Yes the price of the unit would cost more new but it would be SO MUCH cheaper in the long run.

boatdoc

I'm with traveler on this subject!!! Love the Bighorn but I would be the first to trade some of the eye candy, facias, wallpaper, ceiling fan, fancy valances, D/N shades, for better springs, tires and something that even comes close to a matress.