stabilizer

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
some time ago there were a series of posts about some bars that were purchased from camping world. MY recollection was that it was to stop the trailer from moving when parked.

We presently cannot get our trailer from shaking etc when someone is walking arround, that is with the front and back jacks down and unit level. 2011 LM augusta Maybe 250miles on it.

any ideas? I did not use the hitch support as I thought with the air bag there it would do no good???
thanks. I dod not kno what you call the system I call it stabilizers.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Follow this link to Tweety's and on the same page you'll see the JT Strong Arm Stabilizers that Jim mentioned, along with the Eliminators by Ultra-Fab, which are almost identical and a bit cheaper. I installed the Eliminators on my rig. Pretty simple to do, but you will need to put the rig on the truck hitch temporarily when attaching the stabilizers to the front jack legs. Some folks have also fabricated their own versions, if you are so inclined and capable.

http://tweetys.com/search.aspx?find=eliminators

Pizzaguy

Another vote for the Ultrafab Eliminators. Had them on the last 2 campers and love them. Sold the tripod,it was worthless. Not sure why you need to hook up to the truck to install them though. I installed mine on both campers while unhooked.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the Eliminator, which we got from Camping World several years ago. They work great and look like the JT Strongarm stabilizers only don't cost as much.

goodtruck

I use the jt strong arm system and love it.I did have to put the unit on the hitch only becuse I changed the foot pads.to do the front and back took about one and a half hours.I was lucky on the price got them in davenport IA for 230.00 (on sale) best money I have spent on the unit.

That was why I put the rig on the hitch, to change the foot pads to Elephant Feet. Kinda getting my mods gelled together. The only problem I had installing the stabilizers was there were not enough of the longer bolts in the package to connect the hardware to the front and rear legs. Contacted Ultra-Fab and they sent them right out. If you mount them, regardless of brand, this little mod will prevent the T-bolts from falling out on the road if they loosen from vibrations. It's just a small hole drilled in the handle and then a key ring inserted. Clip a wire fishing leader to it after looping it around the tube.

View attachment 8859

Thanks for all of the info, two more questions, they stay on when traveling?and they set up on front and back? all the pictures just show the front.
thanks for the help

Yes, they stay on while traveling. Once mounted, they never come off (unless you sell the rig and keep them). And they go on front and back. Four struts in front, two in back. Depending on how your back frame is put together, you may need to modify how you mount them vs. the instructions, in order to get a secure mounting. I ran the ones in the back rearward from the frame to the foot pad since I could not tell how strong anything was under the Coroplast in the rear. The photo gives you an idea of the finished job. Only one I have on file that shows them (I'm not at the rig now).

View attachment 8861

Attachments

• IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
I second the Steadyfast system...seems to work better on our BH than the JT's did, and less work...only 3 "T" handles to tighten/loosen, and their location makes them easier to get to....

Thanks for all of the info, two more questions, they stay on when traveling?and they set up on front and back? all the pictures just show the front.
thanks for the help

We installed UltraFab Eliminators on front and back. We got our initial set of 6 Eliminators at Camping World on sale for $299. Had to order 2 more directly from UltraFab to complete the install. About $35 or so each, including the T-bolts and shipping.

They seem to help a lot to reduce shaking.

Jburks

How far will the stabilizers extend, I park on a hill and have to extend the legs quite a ways.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I installed the Winfield and they work well and were easy to install. Just another option.
winfieldrvproducts.com
Richard, did you only do the front legs of your Sundance? Winfield also has a referral program so if anyone (3 people) buys and mentions your name you'll get a bird dog check. The Winfields look like they may be easier to use and install as well.

Rrloren

Ray, I installed both , front and rear. Did it on a cold Winter day with no drilling and using a couple common hand tools. Easy to do and they work. I saw them on a Heartland 5th Wheel at a rally in North Carolina last Sept. and was impressed with them.

Ray, I installed both , front and rear. Did it on a cold Winter day with no drilling and using a couple common hand tools. Easy to do and they work. I saw them on a Heartland 5th Wheel at a rally in North Carolina last Sept. and was impressed with them.
I was considering doing only the fronts. I guess I'm just thinking of saving a few bucks. Logic says that the fronts would be sufficient. OK Heartlanders, anyone out there only using stabilizers on the front?