new guy here

Hi all. I've joined the forum because DW and I are essentially in the pre-shopping phase, i.e. too early in the process to get real serious but not too early to start discovering details! Any and all calibrations are most welcome -- we are at the moment lookiing towards heartland to see if the price/performance or value exceeds the other brands, notably those mfg outside of Elkart. Things like initial quality and qualiy control, things that wear out soon, that kind of stuff.

my TV has nothing to do, it seems (04 Ram diesel shortbed) and so I'm out to find a high quality 5ver in the 30-36 foot region for mostly camping of several days to a month duration

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
dieseldoug, welcome to the forum. Our Bighorn is three years old and we love it. Comparing apples to apples, I don't think you could do better than Heartland. I can only speak for myself, but my problems have been minimal.
One warranty item after one year, the rest was small stuff that I took care of. All RV's will have some problems. You can't bounce your house down the highway and expect no problems.
Heartland has been a great company to deal with.
I think that a Heartland product would dress up that 04 Ram.

PSF513

Again, welcome to the forum.

I have purchased a number of travel trailers over my adult life and have yet to find one that I am as happy with as our Heartland. Be it a Big Country, Big Horn, or even some of the travel trailers, I don't think you will find many that are comparable. Good Luck and be sure to ask all the questions you can think of here as the group is as helpful and knowledgable as you will find.

goodtruck

Hi welcome to the forum.My wife and spent almost a year looking and would not settle for what we wanted and what we did not want.Heartland was the only manfg that covered what we wanted. WE are very happy with our unit and as far as problems there have only been a couple and the dealer working with Heartland it was handled first rate. Ask all the questions that you can think of there are alot of experienced people on this forum and all of them want to help.Take your time and get what you want not what the sales people tell you you need.Take Care and be safe

Last edited:

irvin56

We found the floor plan with bunks we wanted. Then we went looking at all other makes, manufacturers, models and floor plans.

We keep reffering back to the North Trail line, 31QBS. for Quality, looks, private door closing areas. We could not find anything we liked. We ended up with the Heartland north trail travel trailer. Never looked back and will buy another evenually

Cimriver

Take a look at Heartlands Elkridge line. We purchased ours in April and are very happy with that decision.