Warranty & Dealer Issues

lgrubl

We bought a 3055 RL in July this year. We loved the floor plan and alot of the options that were on this unit. After bringing the camper home we found alot of nicks and scratches in the wood work, an entry door that you can see light around, and quite a few other issues, some being major. Some of these things weren't noticeable until you had been in the unit for a while and really got to looking at it and using it. As soon as we noticed these things, we took photos and contacted our dealer. We were told they would get everything fixed, no problem, just bring it in at the end of the season and they'd have all of the parts. We took our unit to the dealer on Sept. 5th. It has now been there for 4 weeks and they haven't even started working on it! We are being told that they are still waiting for parts from Heartland and that the factory is now not communicating with them. We had also ordered the Euro chairs through the dealer-- who said they would have the chairs brought up on another unit to save on shipping costs. Still no chairs.. We are now being told that they have cancelled their orders from Heartland until they have our issues resolved with warranty. Please help... My husband is ready to sell the camper...I'm not. I'd really like to know who we are having the issues with-- our dealer or Heartland?

Launa

Scott

I can tell you that when a dealer puts off work "until they can get to it.." that often literally means just that. And when the do get around to it, it takes them a while to put their notes on paper at which point they get on the phone with our service techs for authorization - and THEN they fill out the parts orders and send them in to our parts department. When we get the parts order, we average three days in turning them around - unless we need to order something.
Most often when I check into one of these "four weeks" claims, the parts order has only been at Heartland for less than a week.
That being said, you can always contact John Hawkins in our Parts Dept. for detailed information on your order.

ST

lgrubl

Scott-

Thank you for the reply. I think we will check with Parts on our order just to see what the holdup is. I spoke with the dealer again yesterday and they stated that they still don't have our parts (which they've been telling us for the past 4 weeks). Hopefully we'll get something taken care of soon.

Launa