29RKSA-- access to kitchen with slides in?

Luvamoose

That's my first question. Frustrating to pull in somewhere and not be able to get to fridge without putting slide out. Then, the next question is when the air bed sofa is open/out, can you get through to the kitchen without climbing over sleeping children??

Have to say we love the 2 sofa layout, but the accessibility to the kitchen is critical too. That and what can we do without waking the kids?? Like the bunk house designs-- especially 35 QSQB, but dragging around the extra length and the extra cost for what will probably be a total of 4- 6 weeks tops per year makes the 29 RKSA look very appealing. Plus, the extra space in the 29 RKSA kitchen is awesome!

Thanks for any input :)

Heidi

The 29RKSA is unique to the RV business because you CAN access the refer when the main slide is in. This is possible because we turned the refer 45 degrees instead of putting it flat against the back wall.

With the slides out, and the airbed extended (only the couch on the slide has the airbed), you can still get to the kitchen.

The unique design on the 29RKSA makes this coach an ideal choice for a family. Many families have picked the 29RKSA for their family rig!!!

Paul_in_MN

Heidi,

When we bought the 2010 Eagle Ridge 34 RLSA, it was being shown on the lot with the slides extended. I specifically had the same question as you have about the fridge being opened when the slide is "in". Even though our ER has the fridge turned at 45 degrees, it could not be opened with the slide closed. The fridge door interfered with the flat trim board on the slide. Another 1.5" of space would have made it all work. The salesman poo-pooed the problem and said that we'd just have to extend the slide every time we wanted something form the fridge....WRONG!! I called Dometic (IIRC) and they said the fridge door can be reversed, and they sent me the kit to do it at no charge. When I had the ER back to the dealer for some warantee issues, I paid their shop to reverse the hinge and latch sides of the fridge door. They charged me 1.5 hours of labor and claimed it took longer than 2 hours. I paid their bill and ended the frustration. With the slide in, the fridge door opens far enough to get anything in or out (about 90 deg). The reversed door makes normal fridge access a bit more inconvenient when you are all set up and living in the ER, but I find it an absolute necessity for lunches and snacks during road travel.

Paul_in_MN

Luvamoose

Thank you both for the replies! Brian-- you have alleviated a lot of my concern-- no matter how many pics I look at, or threads I read, those two things were never answered. I am so grateful for this forum where I can get answers and do much of my pre-planning from home, but being able to settle on a good possibility of a floor plan!

Paul-- I appreciate your input regarding the fridge also. Good tip just in case. The dealer we hope to buy from has a 29RKSA coming in soon, and I shall ask her to open the fridge with the slide in to see. We plan to head to NH to see it as soon as it arrives. The 29RKSA is probably just what we need since we too have a small farm with enough animals to make getting away more difficult than just unplugging the coffeepot and locking the door ;). We figure that the 29RKSA can provide us many years of fun without breaking the bank right now :)