Stone Mountain Campground

charlie51

Has anyone ever stayed at Stone Mountain Campground at Stone Mountain Park in Georgia? We're thinking about going there at the end of this month since we had to cancel our beach plans. If anyone has been there let me know, and if you enjoyed it I would appreciate some preferred site numbers if you have them, or if you know of a loop or sites to try and avoid. Thanks a bunch.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have never been to Stone Mountain Campgound, but a friend that has been there says it is nice.

Here is a review of the campground in RVParkReviews. I use this website a lot to see what others are saying about the campground.

If you read the reviews a couple are very low. Talks about rough roads and some of the sites not very level. If you go there let us know.

BC

Tom of Ypsi

We stayed in site 337 and my brother was in 339 for a week and loved it. The sites are back in and overlook the lake. We climbed the mountain and got a certificate for doing that. Not a difficult climb at all more like a semi strenuous stroll and on a clear day you can see the Atlanta skyline. We would go back in again.

Stinger381

We went last summer to Stone Mountain and they have tons of fun activities for the kids that you take part in if you buy an arm band ..... It wasn't expensive and the kids had a great time doing all the stuff. Plus everynight there is a laser light show in the Amplitheater. We had a great time while we were there!

scotty

Has anyone ever stayed at Stone Mountain Campground at Stone Mountain Park in Georgia? We're thinking about going there at the end of this month since we had to cancel our beach plans. If anyone has been there let me know, and if you enjoyed it I would appreciate some preferred site numbers if you have them, or if you know of a loop or sites to try and avoid. Thanks a bunch.

:cool:Been there, but a few years ago. Fairly large CG but easy to get around in.

jpajax

When I go back I would like to stay in this site. 355

Attachments

• Stone Mt. 2006 (10).JPG
    Stone Mt. 2006 (10).JPG
    704.1 KB · Views: 42
Stone Mtn Park is a beautiful place to visit with a lot to do, but most the campground is way outdated and need of new roads and bigger sites. I have a 32' trailer with three slides and a lot of the sites are to small for this unit and a place to park my tow vehicle. They are also overpriced for what you get.They are updating some of the site near the office but these sites are to close together.