Where to get the 'REAL DOOR"?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank you for the ideas. Many customers have suggested the REAL DOOR, and this is a part of our 2011 production runs. We ALWAYS want to give customers another reason to buy a new ELKRIDGE!!!

Brian,

Based on this comment, can I get a real door added to my 2010? How hard would it be to purchase and install myself?;)

TT

On a difficulty scale, this is above moderate. The installation would include framing the door, and of course, alignment. If you feel handy, as most RV'ers are, the doors and parts could be obtained through our parts department here at Heartland.

The new hard doors are designed to swing out of the bedroom (towards the rear or coach) and the trickiest part is to make sure that the door handle does not hit the window on older models. We remedied this by moving the window in 2011 models.

Travel Tiger= It took the dealer almost 2 days to install ours.I will say that they did a great job.They even thought to level the unit before the installation so that the door would stay open when parked. We are so glad that we have it makes the unit so nice with guests when the rooms can be private.

Tony, Here is a link to my write up on fixing the door in our Augusta, it should give you a bit if an idea on how the factory installed the door.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15929-Fixing-the-quot-Leaning-Door-of-Augusta-quot

Cimriver

Bryan, We have a 2011 ER34QSRL that does not have the "real door". Can you tell me if the window was moved on all of the 2011 production runs?