Slides and cabinet doors!

ChopperBill

All 3055 owners and others that may be designed the same. JJJelm had a door on his kitchen cupboard come open while driving and when he opened the entertainment slide it ripped the heck out of the trailer! Told Renee "lets check those doors before we move our slides" Yep you guessed it! Ole Chopperbill didn't check the doors! Opened the entertainment slide and thought I heard a slight "crack". The lower cabinet door was against the fascia of the slide! After I kicked my own butt, I move the slide back in and went to survey the damage. Luckily all that happened was the fascia popped loose. Beat it back in with the palm of my hand and all is well. RELIEF! Going to make some sort of fail safe latch for the doors as I alway find at least one open after a trip. Wish all manufactures would use door closures like Lance truck campers do!

Bill Boyd

We have a 3055 also and have had some of the kitchen cabinet doors come open while travling. One easy fix where there are two doors side by side is to use a heavy duty rubber band and wrap it around the two pulls on the cabinet doors. That fixed the problem with those doors coming open. I think I will try to find a differen latch for the single doors on the back of the cabinet that could come open which would be hit by the entertainment slide .

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Rubber bands

Bill & Bill.........

I use heavy duty rubber bands also on most of my cabinet doors. On the ones that aren't side by side I open the door and slip the rubber band over the inside catch and pull it a bit then close the door, then slip it over the door knob. There must be some better latches available that would replace the poor ones we have.

ChopperBill

I use the rubber band deal too. Actually Renee's hair ties. Works good on the side by side knobs. Sisliv, good idea on the latch and knob thing for the single doors! Will try that. I looked at Lowes and Home Depot and found some spring loaded, snap shut hinges that may help with the problem but I didn't have an old hinge to make sure it would bolt on.

jpmorgan37

Has anyone tried "ball bungies"? I use them frequently for other things like hoses and extension cords. I have added the spring catches on some drawers and cabinet doors to keep them closed and so far, they have done the job. One of the plastic catches that Heartland used on the drawers in the kitchen self distructed and that has been replaced with a spring catch. No problem with that drawer since.
John

Dusty

Pantry slide guide

Has anyone had the screws come out of the pantry top slide? I have the heavy wooden pantry and while touring the Pacific Northwest, the screws vibrated out and I can find no way to get them screwed back in, same with the pocket door.

Any comments and/or advice would be appreciated

Dusty

jpmorgan37

Dusty;
Without seeing what you have, I'm not sure, but would Molly's work? Maybe a call to Heartland or "Ask the Factory". Wish I could help more.

Dusty

If I could up load pics it would be a help I know. My pantry slides out on a couple of glides, on on top and one on the bottom. The one on top is still attached to the pantry, but the screws that attached it to the rest of the cabinet vibrated out, I cant remove the pantry because the bottom is still attached, and I can find no way to unlock it. Without removing the pantry slide, I can see no way to reach and re-attach the upper slide.

tinkers

Full timers
Dusty, you're right. We put up with trying to resolve this situation of that heavy pantry pulling out of the top until we had all the fun we could stand!! We had our dealer pull it out, put in the wire pantry which slides out very nicely, thank you very much, and NO MORE PROBLEMS!!!! It was easy for them to remove it from the door, put hinges on the right side of the door, and the wire pantry held all of the stuff I had in the other one. We are full time, so it is always full!!! It cost about $100 for the wire pantry replacement, and the labor. Love it, love it, love it!!! That's your best bet.

Logan & Pat
Big Horn 3400RL #455

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Dusty, we have the wire slide-out pantry in our unit and the bottom slide became loose. The screws used were put in on a slant and did not properly connect to the wooden member.

LSI was doing repairs and added additional screws. Everything is fine now.